Sun and Moon (Sarabi X Daughter Reader)

Requested by redwolf140 enjoy!

Blistering sun's crack pride rock and make the savannahs sizzle. I of course, watched the world burn in the shade while Father explained to Simba what it was to be King, and the circle of life. Not once, had I felt a glimmer of jealousy towards my younger brother. Our fate was sealed, destined to be. He would rule, I would be given to one of the various prides that's had residency on the Savannahs.  Probably to the main male of that smaller pride... I was aware that some prides had become quite unruly under my father's rule... but I had a theory that was because of my Uncle Scars habit of making the royal family look like it was in disarray and didn't know how to rule.

Yet again, my theorising was interrupted with a graceful thump of a body beside me. "He will make a great King" Mother states. She smiles towards her mate and son with the loving gaze only a mother could aquire. One day, I too hope to have such grace and elegance as Sarabi, Queen of the pride lands. While Simba had adopted his own curious look, I had claimed the slanted, bright eyes and light cream fur of my mother. From day one, she had been training me to be the perfect mate to a King in a foreign plains. In my heart I knew that my parents would never hand me away to some tiny rebellious pride. I would be given to the Southern King. He had a male cub who, If I recall, wasn't a cub anymore.

As father walked away with my brother, mother rose and walked to the top of the Rock. She sat at the very point and stared out across the rolling plains. Zebras grazed in the north-western area and a cluster of flamingos stood in the watering hole. Elephants strode across yellowing grass, the distinct call of the water buffalo could be heard in the distance.

"Y/N, you see the sun?" Sarabi didn't glance back but rather had a dream like smile on her pretty muzzle. "Yes mother" I reply and sit just behind her. The King and Queen were the only lions to sit at the very edge, their cubs would only stand at the edge on the day of crowning, and the ceremony at birth. "That sun is like your father. It burns in his eyes and heart and soul. They are one. Simba has that same fire." I didn't allow the tiny insult to attack me. She was a proud mother and mate... and mother was wise. Surely this has a meaning?

"What can the sun not live without?" Sarabi tilted her head to face her daughter in expectancy. The scrunched brows only lasted momentarily before her daughter  answered. "The moon" Sarabi nodded her agreement and encouragement. "The moon." She repeated. "Your father and Simba burns with the passion of the sun. Bright, full of life and they protect the animals beneath their paws. Their compassion shines and they warm a lion to the bone with their very presence."

By now it just felt as though mother was boasting about her amazing son and mate.  To be honest? I was feeling quite aggravated. It was nothing against the males in my family, but to my mother. For not praising me... curse these childish cub like ways. I may of been in my adolescents but... I had more growing to accomplish, and maturing it seemed.

"But my dear, we are the Moon. We are the calm, we may not shine as brightly as your father and brother but we are the light in the darkness. When it comes to bad things, I have no doubt you will be a symbol of hope, just like the moon. My daughter, we are as important as the sun. Although the animals sleep beneath our gaze it almost means more. The animals trust us so much that they are able to sleep beneath our watch. They dance beneath the sun's rays wih open eyes but they trust us so much that they sleep. They close their eyes and rest." Sarabi looked longingly around the Pridelands,  her eyes drinking in every detail. "You will be a moon some day Y/N. I anticipate this day with great excitement.  And when I am apart of the ground, you will be the moon. And I hope Simbas mate will act like this. That is why I entrust you will teach the female the proper Queenly adequate" Sarabi tilted her head to look back at her daughter with that same expression. 

It only took me moments, to snap out of my awe and answer my mother. "Of course" but that's all I could muster up the courage to say. What mother had said stilled me to the core. Causing my heart to race and I thanked the sun for the heat,  helping prevent tears.

Mother caught sight of the two males loping around the grasslands. Sarabi roared a mighty roar, I of course joined into her symphony and then you could hear Simba and Mufasa calling back. The other lionesses pitched in and soon the plains shook with the ferocity of their mighty calls.

When it died down,  mother watched with a kind smile as Simba and father vanished further into the lands. She sighed, rose, and turned around to return to her seat in the shade. I was only a step behind her. 

"Mother, why did you tell me of all these things?" I questioned staring at her intently. Mother took her time before answering, "You looked quite sad here in the shade. I remember feeling that way in my old pride. My brother was older though and he got every ounce of praise, while I was handed over to the Pride lands in trade for access to some meat in the dry seasons. Well, I met Mufasa and things went from there." She chuckled with a fondness that closed it's fist around my heart.

"Mother, did you ever doubt yourself?"

"No, they guided me" She looked up towards the lowering sun and the moon already half way into the sky.

The sun and moon.

The King and Queen.

A/N

Requested by redwolf140
I hoped you enjoyed this, and my apologies for it being out so late. It is a little short and that's simply because it's 4am and I can barely see.

-AA