Cat and Mouse (Cheshire x Reader part 2)

"A kiss?"

You stare wide eyed up at the male. His large, blue eyes looking right through you. A small purr escapes his lips as he reaches out and encompasses your hips. Lean fingers snake their way past your tail, one resting on the small of your back, the other, cupping your rear.

"Just one kiss-" He smiles, coming close to the white ear upon your head, "-it's only fair." His lips brushed off of your skin as he spoke, sending a shiver down your spine. You're tail flicked in response, you're spine straightened with his rough, decisive voice.

"I never agreed in the first place-" you say impatiently spinning on your heel and walking off. You heard him chuckle softly, his footsteps set at a lazy pace behind you. "You know it's only fair- missy." You could feel his grin widening, his eyes boring into the back of your head. "Never agreed." You repeated, now picking up your brisk pace. He may of saved you, but not a hope was he going to have the liberty of being granted a kiss. That just didn't sit well with you...

Or were you just teasing?

You suppressed that grin, complying with you're little act. As it was all in vain when that slight smirk escaped you. Quickly you hid it from his sight, although you knew his big green eyes had glimpsed it. Caught it.

The corner of his lip quirked upwards, his eyes slight with the prospect of this new game. This game of Cat and Mouse.

The pair of you strolled down the Chequered road. It's black and white tiles sending illusions of a much longer journey ahead of you to the White Castle. It was quaint, you must agree. The White Queen has always been a dear friend of yours, and currently she was preoccupied with her newest guest Alice. The Hatter was currently at the palace, along with the twins. Where the others were left Y/N completely bewildered. Although a part of you had a hunch they were hidden in the dark, red walls of the Red Queens Castle.

Ever so sly, Cheshire wrapped a lean arm around you're waist. Pulling you into his side. As you were about to protest you noticed why he had done it. Up ahead, were the red soldiers. Crowded around one another talking in rushed voices. They were capturing someone, tying them up in rope. Cheshire growled low, and leaned down to once again whisper in you're ear. "Shift, don't speak and copy what I do." Cheshire immediately shrunk into the lean cat with blue stripes. He awaited for me, as I too followed him. The pair of us standing on all fours.

"Follow me" He whispered, now leading the way. He hopped off of the road and onto the blue grass, he never stared at anything to long, kept his eyes roaming as an average feline would do. I copied him exactly, not to a tee so as to not look like his clone but- too give off the same impression.

As the pair of them stilled by the soldiers nonchalantly, it all seemed to be working. Their appearance meant little to the guards. Yet, one took notice of you. He glanced at Cheshire then back at you and yelled "Halt". Cheshire stayed walking without a care not even faltering. But you- you stopped. You're not sure why exactly but you did, and in that moment attention was spun on you. The guard lunges forward gripping you by the scruff on you're neck. Too stunned to move, you stare down at Cheshire. His eyes wide as his teeth bared. He grew to his human size, glaring at the soldiers. "Now gentlemen, shouldn't you put the lovely lady down?" He looked into their visors, his expression flat and emotionless. The guard holding you shook you slightly. "Lady? this is a cat that was following you. Probably in heat-" Cheshire flinched with his cheeks blushing slightly. You watched him inhale and exhale slowly. He stared at you for a moment longer then at the guard, "I doubt that sir. Now kindly put the woman down and we shall be on your way." The guard shook his head as he threw you into a cage. "Red Queen gave us orders." Cheshire growled and started to stalk towards you. "No Cheshire don't-" But he wasn't listening. He appeared before the cage and in a wild frenzy, tried to grab it. The fight that ensued was not easy to watch, blood spilled. Bruises were given and shouts were deafening.

When the mess cleared and calmed, you caught sight of a tired and broken Cheshire being handcuffed. A collar was tightened around his neck causing him to choke slightly. He was dragged behind a soldier in a horse by a leash, like a dog.

You called for him, but he was being pulled to the front. Slowly, being shook around inside the cage was taking its toll on you. Slowly you drifted into a sleep, you're body becoming unconscious.

You awakened to the deafening scream of the Red Queen. She was yelling for a drink and a warm pigs belly for her feet. Once a pig had been slid beneath her feet and a red curdling wine glass was in her hand she nodded. The movement making the crown upon her head tilt. "Bring me the beasts!"