Peace is a Goddess (Maui x OC Reader)

This one-shot was requested by the fabulous @healthygrilmaddie ! I hope you enjoy :)

Maui glided over the waves, his wings beating in a rhythm similar to the war drums. That familiar grin was plastered to his face, brows furrowed with concentration of what he must do.

The Demi-God had just learned of a new Goddess, one whom had been keeping a low profile after the whole Tefiti incident. Now Maui has learned his lesson, which was to be a lot more careful with what he was taking.

This Goddess was seemingly a water type. She resides on a mountain island, north-west of Moana's island. In fact, it had been Moana to tell Maui of the Goddess. The princess had become the chief, and since she was busy guiding her people through the ocean, Maui wanted to do some soul searching of his own.

He would be forever grateful to the Princess for her help against restoring Tefitis heart, but he wasn't sure if he had achieved as much as Moana had.

Long story short, Maui was doubting himself.

He felt like completing the journey to the Goddess would grant him some sort of piece of mind. Allowing him to possible find the peace he had been searching.

It wasn't a secret either that the Demi-God and the Chieftess had become more than just friends... but Moana's duty came before her heart.

And Maui's heart came before his duty.

He'd learn to live through the heartbreak, granted it would take a while. Broken things took time to heal after all. But perhaps this Goddess was the missing piece to the puzzle, perhaps she, would be able to give him the answers he so desperately sought after.

Moana had told him of the legends surrounding this deity. How she commanded the land and caused the creatures within it to bend to her will. She had granted many a young adventurer his finest wishes, giving them answers they could not find alone. The Goddess Malina, deity of peace. He wasn't sure how exactly he was going to achieve such a thing... but it could never hurt to try.

Ahead of him, the blessed island began to make an appearance. Maui began to push his wings in a faster beat, ready to take on the Goddess and whatever challenges she would throw at him. It made his heart exhilarate with excitement. This, this is why he was Maui.

He soared above the islands grounds, it was a luscious space. The greenery and coconut trees were in prime condition. He could see a herd of wild pigs peacefully grazing in a meadow. This place would be teeming with wildlife, and possibly a lot of treasures.

He aimed higher, lifting his neck and flying towards the mountains peaks. He quickly spotted a caverns opening, it omitted a blueish hue which could only mean one thing.

Malina.

He dived towards to cave's mouth. Slowly spreading his wings to ease his decent and avoid crashing into the rocks. He shifted back to human before landing, and now stood on the rocks looking into the cave. His grin faltered for a moment, staring into the cave which pulsates with that strange light. He sighed, he had come this far, it was too late to turn back now.

He began his walk towards the Goddess, the air was still underneath the mountain. The drop of a pebble would be heard for miles through the cave system. It was just a matter of not getting lost.

He used that blue light as a guidance system. The pulsating seemed waver at times, which did in fact confuse the Demi-God.

Rounding a corner, bats screeched and flew past him. He grunted, swiping a hand at the tiny winged beasts before continuing along the path. It was long before Maui found the source of the light.