Want some Icecream? (Soulmate Reader X Naveen)

Thanks to @AndreaBaier for requesting this one shot!

Glancing at the timer on my wrist, my heart began to beat quite quickly. Soon, so soon would I meet my soulmate.

I took a deep breath, calm down.

12 minutes.

It was going so fast, I looked at the clock on the wall of the diner I was serving in. Another 10 minutes before my shift ended. I scrubbed at the table before me, maybe I could get off a little earlier-

I glanced up and at the window. My hair was once neat and pretty, I had simple makeup on. I didn't want to go over the top on meeting my soulmate-

That was quite me.

I tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear and gathered the dishes in my arms, hurrying to the kitchen.

Someone, somewhere, was having the same anxiety as I was.

I looked up at Gurk, the chef. He had experienced quite a traumatic meeting with his soulmate. I recalled the story he had told me on my second week here, smiling sadly I set the dishes into the dishwasher.

Gurk had been on his way home, after buying groceries for his mother. He was driving, not even glancing at the timer on his wrist and unknowing of how long was left, as the car rammed into another vehicle. The car in front of him had no lights, and had been driving rather slowly. Gurk had been in a daze, and never noticed the sharp turn on the cliff face they were making.

The blue car he had hit, went through the railing and crashed its way to the national road below. Gurk, took a moment to regain his composure and dialed for the emergency service while hurrying down to the wreckage.

He pulled to a haul just before the crumpled car, and jumped out. He hurried over and managed to wrench the drivers door open enough to pull the driver out.

He squatted in the dark, his knees in oil and blood, and peered into the car.

A woman, and her dog had been in the car.

And when Gurk locked eyes with the lifeless gaze of the woman, his timer froze, with 3 seconds left to count.

He had been 3 seconds too late.

I grimaced, rubbing my arm in comfort. I prayed that such a tragedy wouldn't come my way, I could only hope.

I checked the timer, 9 minutes left.

I let out a soft gasp in shock, it was going too fast! I looked up to Gurk, his eyes trained on the menu before him as he made adjustments. I slowly approached him, taking off my apron as I did so and grabbing my jacket. "Hey uh- Gurk?" He grunted in answer. "I'm gonna clock out now, my timer is almost out and I-" he spun on his heel, turning to glare at me. "Listen here Y/N, those timers were a bad idea in the first place. People going all crazy tryna' find their special somebody. You may find a serial killer for all ya know!" His face was red in frustration, and I found myself gripping onto the ledge of the counter. "Whomever made those things is demon spawn, I tell you." He turned on his heel, going back to cleaning dishes acting as if nothing had even happened.

I shook my head in disbelief as I grabbed my coat and turn to walk out the door. A glance at my timer said I had 4 minutes. I didn't have have time to fix my hair!

I whined, stepping into the crisp and bitter air, looking around for anybody who could be as nervous as me. In the distance I heard cries, not sure of horror or delight. My bones felt still and cold, nerves wracking through my being. Terrified, I looked down the street. Cobblestone, and taking a deep breath, I began to walk. The evening sun was beginning to set, glazing the street in a soft glow that kissed the ancient stones plodded into the ground.