My Favourite Thief (Flynn Rider X Reader)

Requested by @SlackDood

I heard him chuckle from behind me. I stupid grin on his stupid mug. "What?" I asked, a grin snaking onto my own lips. "Your seriously concentrated! Furrow your brows any further and wrinkles are gonna stay" he pointed a finger at me, as if scolding my insolence to such an... odd command.

"Shut it Rider, I'm busy" I turned back to the lock I was currently picking. Tricking the clogs and triggers to think a key was in it, and open this door to this towns Treasury. "Y'know, we are going to have to find transport back to Corona. And that might be a little challenging, if we get caught of course" I glanced over my shoulder to catch his shrug, and rolled my eyes in return. "Well if you walk quick and silently, and allow me to do the actual stealing. We'll be home and dry." The lock clicked and the door inches open. I grinned, grabbing the sack. "Let's go, Rider" he smirked swaggering in after me as I gently clicked the door closed. "Look around for a second exit, it'll be less risky that way" he saluted to me as he wandered off. "Yes, sir!" I rolled my eyes, turning to swing open the door that behold a room full of gold. A slow, malicious grin came.

After approximately an hour of bagging the goodies, we were hauling the sacks out of a back window Flynn had discovered. "You sure nobodies around?" I called, since he was on the opposite side of the window. "Positive, darling. Just trust me!" I could feel his idiotic grin from here, a cringe threatened to claim me. I lifted the second sack, ready to haul it over when I heard footsteps outside in the lobby. "Shit!" I hissed, swinging the bag onto my shoulder and pushing it onto the windows ledge. "Stop! In the name of the Kingdoms Guard, we order you to halt!" Obviously, I wasn't going to listen. And they realized this soon enough. In a matter of seconds I had thrown the sack out to Flynn, careful not to mention he was out there. But I did hope he had figured out what was transpiring. "Well, pleasure doing business with you kids." I grinned at them as I leapt out the window, a guards fingers trailing my ankle as I vanished out the other side. Shouts resonated from within, and I spun to the grinning fool beside me. With an exasperated sigh, I sling a sack on my shoulders. Without a single word of communication, we were bounding through alleys. The guards were roaming this town now, probably beginning to panic.

I gave the farmer almost a third of the sack of goodies we had just stolen. His eyes widened, and nodded quickly. "Take the carriage! Of course take it! The donkey too!" And with that he hurried off, probably to buy a horse and new wagon. I turned to the donkey and cart, Flynn was already hoisting the sacks onto the back of the carriage and covering them in blankets. He grabbed two shawls, throwing one over me as I climbed onto the seat, and hoisted one over himself as he took the reins. He drove the donkey into a trot down the cobblestone path, the guards rushing becoming distant. "If we are stopped-" I said, beneath the blanket and my hunched over form. "You are my husband, and I am your sickly wife. We are travelling to Corona in search of medicines. Got it?" Rider scoffed, "of course Y/N! Don't you worry your pretty little head." I only sighed, "I could be saying the same thing."

We managed to make it out of the town alright, in fact it was almost too easy. We made our way down dirt roads, relaxing. Cackling at the wanted posters that could never get his nose right, and my eyes were always distorted. We ripped them down, every time we saw them.

"So, Y/N. What do you think was your biggest steal?" He lifted an eyebrow to me, expectantly. "Probably when I was six, I stole my mother's wedding rings. It was something that meant a lot to her, even if her and my father had split up." I shrugged, "kind of kickstarted me into this lifestyle." I looked at him, his eyes were slightly wide and regarding me with something... new. I wasn't sure what exactly we was seeing or thinking, but I quickly changed the subject. "What about you? What was your biggest steal?" He didn't answer for a few moments, but finally shook out of his trance. "The Lost Princess of Corona's tiara." He patted an appreciative hand on his satchel. "Quite a prize, if I do say so myself" I scoffed, "Yet you haven't sold it yet..?" He frowned slightly, shrugging his shoulders as if to say 'Eh'. "It's risky. I'd have to go way way out to sell something like that." He paused, looking back at me. A slow, cheeky grin spread across his face. With his right hand, he flipped open the satchel and pulled out the dazzling crown. He turned his attention from the toad to me, placing it upon my head. He chuckled slightly, "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were the lost princess" I hit him playfully and pulled the crown off. Staring at the jewels. "I'm definitely not a the lost princess, who knows Rider, maybe one day you'll find her." I grinned, thinking of the absurdity and placed it back in his satchel. "Maybe." He said wistfully, now falling quiet and the donkeys hoofs were the only sound to be heard.