Promises and Wishes(Reader X Peter Pan)

@Yuki14509 thank you for requesting this one shot! My apologies it is so late coming out, I hope you enjoy it and everyone else!

Sitting here, half frozen to death I looked like a forgotten rat. A rat in the streets of London. No home, no place to go. No friends and no family. I was alone.

How sad it was.

My only friend, the man in the moon frowned upon me. A single tear rolled down my cheek, he even left. He would go away too.

It wasn't my fault, it was never my fault. It was all fathers fault. If he had just fought harder, if mother hadn't of drank so much that faithful night we would be safe. Warm. Together.

But no.

Instead I was subjected to this torture, this miserable, lonely life I was forced to live. I would die soon, I knew I would. How could I survive on nothing but miley bread every few days? I was sixteen, homeless, orphaned and starving to death.

How lucky was I?

I closed my eyes, I hoped it would happen in my sleep. That it would be seamless, easy and peaceful. Although the pain was awful, and the shivers wracking through my body only worsened it. I was so, so cold. The rain in London was lashing down, and the scrap of cardboard covering my legs did little to help it.

A shadow, danced across my vision. Biting my lip and hugging myself in ball I merely ignored it. Passerby's never cared, they had their own problems to deal with. I couldn't blame them, I wouldn't help me either. My nails dig into my palms as I heard the person stop.

No, no!

"Please don't hurt me-" I whispered, opening my eyes to look up at the silhouette before my broken body. I flinched away from the broad hand that reached out towards me.

"It's okay- I'm going to help you, alright?" his voice was... soft and... comforting. Slowly, my eyes flickered open to peer at the man before me. His messy brown hair hiding hazel eyes, broad shoulders heaved as though he had been running. "You're freezing and wet, please let me take care of you." His arms, lean and toned reached out to pick my weak form from the cobblestone alley floor. I winced, not knowing if I could truly trust this stranger. "It'll be ok, I promise. They call me Peter Pan, and I swear you'll never be lonely again." He had the sweetest smile, and tenderly, he lifted my frail body from the dirt and grime I had been living in for the past few months.

I heard a tinkle from behind him as he held me close to his chest. His broad arms holding me tight, he smelled of... pine and fresh rainfall. His warmth enveloped me, and as I heard the scream of a bomb, he leaped into the sky and- and flew! "C'mon Tink, we gotta go!" He shouted as I clung onto him.
"Peter!!" I screamed as he soared through the battle in the sky. Bullets and bombs flew around us as he glided through the dirty London air. He held me a bit tighter, as if to comfort me.
"Don't you worry now, you'll be safe from this place in no time." I was hyperventilating as he flew, and a little golden light danced in front of us. It came a bit closer as Peter continued to rise into the air, and I saw that it was- a fairy!

The little creature pointed a finger at me and cackled, although her laugh was like a tiny bell. I gasped at her, which she must of found amusing, the look of horror on my face. Peter grunted from above me and nodded towards the two stars he was flying for. "Neverland, the second star to the right and straight on til' morning." He smiled, and the fairy quietened down. "Say, what's your name miss?" He spun around and lay me across his front as he flew on his back, towards the star.
"Y-Y/N" I stammered, this was all so surreal. How was this happening? It was stuff of fairytales and... happy endings. I didn't have something like that! I never would.