Chapter 3

Kurama kissed Itachi goodbye as he and Naruto left the Uzumaki-Uchiha home. The two expecting brothers had plans to spend the day shopping for some last minute items in preparation of their new arrivals.

“I can’t believe that the ultrasound confirmed that they had your due date wrong!” Naruto said surprised looking at the 4d photo of his future niece or nephew.

Kurama and itachi deciding to leave the gender a surprise.

“Yeah. Itachi is a little out of sorts since he doesn’t have the time that he thought he had to prepare.” Kurama chuckled.

“Well it explains why you’re so big.  I mean you’re almost as big as me and I’m due any day.”

“Itachi was stressing that there was more than one.”  The two laughing at the older Uchiha. "I asked him what would he do if it turns out we were having twins. He cried, saying we're to old." Naruto giggled at the thought of Itachi crying.

“So how have you been feeling?” Kurama asked in a serious tone.

The doctors had been concerned with the blonde’s blood count because it’s levels showing borderline anemia.

“Truthfully I’ve been really tired. I wasn’t this tired when pregnant with the twins. But I’ve been keeping to a strict diet so hopefully today’s test results will show improvement.” Naruto unlocked his chocolate brown Renault Duster.

“Explains why Sasuke has been hovering lately, huh?” His brother smirks. "Though I am surprised he let you drive." The blond snorted. “Tell me about it! The only reason I get to go to the store with you is because I have to get labs done this morning, otherwise he would be having me resting. And it took a lot of convincing on my part to get him to allow me to drive my car.” Naruto pouted as he warmed up the engine.

The red haired man grimsed at the thought of his brother and brother-in-law. "Please keep your bedroom story to yourself." The yound Uzumaki glanced at his brother and laughed. "Get your head out the gutter, I was talking about whining, light kisses and annoying him to the point he just had to give in." He rolled his eyes. "But that came with terms and conditions." Naruto reversed his car out of the yard and drove of to the mall's  direction.

“We still have a ‘curfew’.  He made us promise that we could only be at the mall for two hours then we have to be home for naps.”  Kurama complained.

“You'd think I stopped being a teenager years ago. I wonder how would our husbands cope if they were pregnant instead of us. See how they like being bossed around.” Naruto huffs.

“They would die!” Kurama exclaimed as the two stopped to catch their breaths from laughing at the images of their husbands pregnant.

“I suppose their protectiveness is their way of loving us. But I wish they could tone it down a little on the mother hen mode.”

“Yeah we are blessed.” They both agreed, their husbands may be to much sometime or drive them crazy. But they love them nevertheless.

The older Uzumaki sighed contently. "You know, it's fascinating how human life works. Like the babies that are in us right now. Depending on us to keep them healthy and strong. And when they are out, you can't even feel time go by." Naruto chuckled at his brother's statement. "Yeah I know what you I can believe Zuko, Meito and Kaname were these tiny little people I had to wake up to in the middle of the night when they cried to be changed or fed." He said, stopping at a red light.

"Speaking of Kaname. Seems to me he has a little crush on a lavender eyed brunette. Do I hear wedding bells in the future?" Kurama said in a sing song voice. The blond snorted. "A little is an understatement. He won't stop talking about little Hinabi and of course this gives his brothers room to torture him at every corner." Naruto parked his car on the mall's parking lot.