Chapter 16

Mikana gripped the phone in a tight hold. Trying her up most best to keep her tears at bay.  A man sitting across from her sighed and tiredly ran his hand through his green hair. "Look Mikana, I-"

"Where did you get this?" She whispered, her voice sounded strained as if she was trying her hardest to keep herself together. Kitaro looked at his best friend in concern, staring at her as if to questioning himself if not to share anymore knowledge on the things his discovered about her two timing boyfriend.

He hesitated, "I-..." He looked at his feet with a heavy heart. "I'm sorry Mikana." Said woman glared at her best friend. "Kitaro I didn't ask for you apology. I asked you where did you get this picture." She coldly demanded, her heart frosting over the more she looked at the picture of an unknown woman in her boyfriend's arms.

Sharing an intimate kiss. A sickening feeling of regret and guilt settled heavily in his stomach. His first intention was to show the red haired woman the picture and hopefully get her to open her eyes. But instead all he could do is wonder if he was hurting his best friend more worse than her abusive boyfriend. "Just pack your bags and come with me. His been abusing you and now his... "

"I asked you where." She asked in a calm but defeated voice.

Once again Kitaro hesitated. He was no longer sure of his decision to reveal the truth about Mikana's lover. He felt on edge just looking at his friend. 'Have I made the right choice?' He thought.

"I... The mall. I was on my way home and I decided to get a quick bit at the mall... And that's where I saw them." He watched his friend's unreadable face. A wave of uneasiness rushing through his body. He was about to say something when Mikana suddenly smiled. But it wasn't one of the smiles he knew, this one felt sinister.

......

"Mom, I've changed my mind. I'm ready to come home." Orochimaru gripped the phone with joy. Trying his best to hold back the silly smile that threatened to make it's place on his face.

He knew there was something a missed, but he chose to push it at the back of his mind. His baby boy wanted to come home. And if there was any mishap, he'd deal with it just fine when he crosses that bridge.

"They just need a location to send me to." Kabuto watched as Shikamaru did his best to heck through the data base to find Orochimaru's location. All the while listening to his mother giving him the location to an abandoned warehouse.

He tried to buy some time for the so called computer genius. Shikamaru silently clapped his hands in victory. 'I found them.' He mouthed.

A relieved smile on his face. As soon as the call was over, a huge smile on his face, but was quickly startled by Mikana standing behind him. "Oh Mikana." He placed a hand on his chest.

Trying to ease his startled heart. He smiled at his daughter, to distracted to notice the baby in her arms. "Your brother is finally coming home. Isn't that great?" He went over the preparations needed to ensure his son's safe return, until a cry caught his attention. His eyes glanced over the source of the noise, leading him to the bundle in his daughter's arms. His excitement quickly vanished. "What are you doing with Kurama's child?"

Mikana smiled at him brightly. "I'm thinking of keeping her." She replied as she bounced Erity gently in her arms. "Thinking of keeping... Mikana you can't just take someone else's baby."

"And you can?" She hissed.

"Remember 'mother' you did the samething to me. And you were going to do the samething for Kabuto, if he hadn't rejected her. So I'm keeping her." Orochimaru growled at his daughter's disrespect.