Chapter 14

"Can't you see he doesn't care about you?" A furious looking Mitsuki said. Kabuto brought his knees closer to his chest. "You've always had a problem with Rinji. His a great guy. You know if you would just get to know him." Said Kabuto as he admired the tiny diamond ring on his finger.

"His using you Kabuto." Said man frowned. "Would you give it up Mitsuki. I get it your my big brother and must protect me from every greedy guy that so much as look my way." Mitsuki opened his mouth to protest but Kabuto interrupted him. "But you need to accept that Rinji and I are happy and in love." He giggled.

"Heck he even asked me to marry him. Mitsuki, I want to build a future with him." He smiled at his frowning older brother. "Please just try to get along with him." The older Sannin's frown deepened. "I'm sorry Kabuto but I can't sit and watch you walk to your doom." The younger frowned. The golden eyed man curled his hands into a tight fist. "I'm happy for you." He turned his head away from his brother. "I really am. But I refuse to watch you get hurt." He walked away. "Come on Baruto. We're leaving." He demanded.

Said blond stood up from where he was sitting, a hand on his five months belly. He smiled meekly at his brother-in-law. Giving a quick apology for his husband's behavior and congratulating him before he calmly following after his husband. Kabuto watched them go.

Kabuto bit his bottom lip as hard as he can, to prevent himself from crying. He had brought this upon himself. He could no longer cry about it and pretend to be a victim. His brother had warned him and if he had listened, he wouldn't be in this situation.

He'd been a fool to believe Rinji's lies. He had been blindly following after a man he thought he knew. Even the back of his mind sensed danger, but like an idiot he ignored it in favor of his foolish heart. And in return of his mindless follow it costed him Ruga. His beautiful baby girl. His blue flower.

A tired looking Kabuto walked through the front door of his home. "Guren, I'm home!" Guren was the name of his daughter's nanny and a mother herself. And a good friend of his. She would usually watch over her when he and Rinji were at work. He frowned when he receive no response from the sassy woman.

He searched around the living, the kitchen and the backyard and found no signs of her. He returned back into the kitchen and found a note he hadn't noticed on the fridge. 'Out at the park. I'll be back soon.' He smiled at the thought of Ruga at the park. He grabbed himself a glass of water. Almost slipping on the wooden floor when he walked away from the sink.

He frowned when he saw dark puddles leading up to the kitchen pantry. He followed it and opened the doors. Dropping the glass in his hand, horrified at the sight before him.

There, a lifeless Guren sat before him with her throat slit. Her hands bloody as if she had been trying to stop the bleeding before she died.

Kabuto took a few steps back before running up the stairs to his daughter's room. Stumbling along the way. He harshly slammed the door opened and saw his fiance standing by the crib. A white pillow with red stains in his bloody left hand.

"What have you done?" He whispered the question hauntedly, staring horrifically as Rinji turned to him and made a shooshing motion with his free hand.

A smirk on his twisted face. "Shoo. You're going to wake Ruga and I've just put her to sleep." Kabuto's heart sunk at those words. He slowly walked over to the crib and saw his daughter not moving.