Chapter 15

Kabuto sat quietly in the terrogation room. Daisuke sat across from him, equally quiet with his arms folded over his chest. Kabuto tried to make sense of his newly gained information. "I don't understand." He whispered, denial slowly eating up at his nerves.

He lightly placed a hand on his lips as if to stop himself from screaming. All of this must not be real. His mother would never do horrid things to gain his freedom. His mother wouldn't put other people's lives on the line just for him. But the phone call proved everything the detective had said.

"This isn't real." He whispered once again and looked up at the detective across from him. "None of this isn't real. My mother would never do something so... So crazy." Daisuke remained quiet for a moment and he sighed. "Yet he confirmed it over your little phone call." He leaned forward pocking the metal table as he spoke.

"Kabuto all we're asking is that you give us a location as to where your mother could be holding them." A single tear ran down the prisoners cheek. "I-I don't know. This is my mother we are talking about, he became a doctor to help people not hurt them." The detective folded his arms on the table and looked at Kabuto straight in the eyes. "I understand stand your confusion." Kabuto closed his eyes. "I get your betrayal. You're whole life you believed your mother was a saint. You were lied to your whole life."

Kabuto pressed his fingers against his lips as to suppress a sob. "But there are lives on the line. All we need you to do, is give us the information on your mother and his where abouts." Kabuto had the sleeves of his shirt covering half of his hands. He brought them up to wipe away the tears that were threatening to fall from his eyes. "N-now that I think about it. I think my mom could be the phantom killer." Daisuke frowned at Kabuto's soft statement.

He glanced at the one way mirror and looked back at the white haired prisoner. He he straightened up and cleared his throat. "What makes you think your mother is the phantom killer?" Kabuto looked up and pursed his lips. "I was no older than five or six. My aunt Kaguya had dropped of her sons, Hamura and Hagoromo. We were playing hid and go seek with my little sister Mikana." He chuckled softly.

"Mitsuki didn't want to play with us. To old to play with babies he said." Jiraiya froze at the name of his long lost son. Praying it was a different Matsuki. Kabuto sighed and rubbed his face and ran it over his head. "I was so determined to win the game, so I went to hide in the wing my siblings and I were not allowed." He took a deep breath and roughly wiped away the tears that were preparing to fall.

He couldn't afford to cry in front of the detective. He just couldn't have others see him weak. " I was not to far away when I saw Kawaki shove someone in a room. He had something red in his hands, he told me it was paint and I shouldn't be there. But before I left the man that was shoved inside looked hurt."

"Did you get a good look at him?" Daisuke asked. Kabuto weakly nodded his head, he still couldn't believe that his mother could be doing this. Even with the little memory that he once thought was a bad dream and the evidenced that seemed to be mocking him on his struggle of coming to terms. "Could you tell me who was that person?" Kabuto fidget with his sleeves. He bit his lip. "Maybe I'm wrong and it was just a bad dream. A nightmare."

"If you say that your mother could be the Phantom Killer, then Naruto and Kurama could be in more danger."

"My mom is not a killer! I'm wrong ok. I was just being stupid and jumping into foolish conclusions."

"Kabuto I understand that it's very hard to believe. But the people you're mother has right now are pregnant and they have families waiting for them to come home." Daisuke tried to reason and plea with the silver haired man. "Jigen Ming." Kabuto whispered, Daisuke would have missed it had he not leaned in. 'Oh Naruto.' Daisuke slowly leaned back on his chair, his arms falling limply on his sides.