Chapter 7

Naruto tries to hold himself together as he stares at the little girl in his arms. She had pale skin like Itachi's and red hair peeking out of the blanket she was swaddled in.

He couldn't tell what colour eyes she had yet on the count she's been sleeping. Her first few hours on Earth and already she's born into a terrible experience. "Sorry you didn't get the proper welcome party. Instead you've you got silly uncle Naruto." He chuckled softly, hold back his tears.

"You've got a big brother named Tadashi and a big sister named Akeno. You're going to have so much fun with them." His voice cracked at the end of his sentence.

He sniffled as he held the baby close to his chest. "I can already see Tadashi being a protective older brother. He doesn't talk much so bare with him." He caressed the babies cheeks, watched her stir but she didn't wake up. "And you're sister Akeno just loves going into her little adventures, I can see you two becoming the best of friends." He held back a sob.

"But most importantly you've got a wonderful mommy and daddy that loves you very much. They've loved you even before you were born. And no matter what, you've got your family behind you. And we love you too." He got a firm kick in his belly. "Oh and your cousin says hi." He gives a sad chuckle.

The baby's lower lip protruded out and began to quiver. Her little checks turning red. "Shhh, hay now pretty girls don't cry." He cood at her, rocking gently back and forth. "Are you hungry?" He asked even though he knew he wasn't going to get an answer in return.

He eyed the bottle of milk they left for him on the nightstand. Not sure if it should be trusted. "Well I don't think we should trust whatever these people give us. So I guess you'll have to feed of off me until your mommy gets here little one." He pulled up his shirt and guided the baby's head to his nipple. The blond shuddered when the baby latched onto his nipple, it's been a long time since his breastfed. "I wish I asked your parents what they planned to name you." He hummed a tone to calm the baby.

He even continued to hum when the door opened. Rocking back and forth, completely ignoring the person seated on a chair at the corner of the bed. His focus trained on nothing but the baby in his arms.

"I see you decided to breastfeed your niece instead." Orochimaru spook calmly, his golden eyes studying the blue eyed man.

"Can you blame me? I wouldn't even trust to hand your food over to a dog." Naruto answered without looking.

The raven haired man nodded in understanding. "Hmm fair enough. But if I wanted to kill you, you and your brother would have been dead a long time ago." Naruto glanced at Orochimaru at the corner of his eye.

"Where's my brother?"

"He'll be fine, this labour wasn't particularly friendly with him. He lost a lot of blood. He'll be staying in the medical word to recover." Naruto's heart sank as he listened on about his brother. "I want him here, with me. I can take care of him." Orochimaru leaned back in his chair, his arms crossed over his chest and one leg crossed over the other. "Yeah, with what medical material?" He asked casually.

He glanced around the room lazily, "I see nothing that could help him here in his current state."

"I don't care. I don't trust you with my brother's life."

"Really now, so you prefer for your brother to die, when I can easily prevent his end?" The older man said calmly, his head tilted and his golden eyes observing the younger man flinch.

"The only thing standing in the way of death and your brother is me."
The blond man's blood went cold. Was his brother's labour that bad.

Deciding to change the subject about his brother. Refusing to think of the worsted. "What makes you so sure that using us would get you your son back?" He turned his attention to the older man. "It's amazing what a little motivation could do." The golden eyed man smirked. "Sadly Sasuke and Itachi are not detectives. Just ordinary business men." He looked at Orochimaru like he was stupid.