Chapter 17

Sweat covered Kurama's forehead, plastering a couple of red strands. He leaned against the wall for support as he walked along the unnerving quiet hallway. He has never run into anyone so far. His legs gave out on him and he came crashing to the ground.

He continued to ignore the blood covering the majority of his pants and the pain that seem to keep its hold on him. He couldn't allow himself to be weak. He had to get back his daughter and rush back to aid his brother out of here. Forcing himself to get up.

The sound of a gun shot startled him. Making him realize it was coming from Naruto's direction. Fear took refuge in his heart as he turned back to his brother's direction. "It's not him. Naruto did not get shot. His still in that room going through his contractions." He assured himself.

At the sound of more gun shots he forced himself to move faster. The sound of rushing footsteps coming towards him made him panic. He quickly checked the few doors around him and sigh in relief when the second door opened. He ran inside and closed the door behind him.

Listening over the fast beat of his heart as the sounds of the impatient footsteps fade away from where he was hiding. He sighed and cautiously walked out of his hiding spot. Covering his mouth when he saw drops of blood on the floor. Not sure if it was his or the other person that was heading the other direction he was going to before.

He flared his arms about violently when a pair of arms grabbed him. "Kurama calm down. It's me." Kurama slowly relaxed at the sound of the familiar voice. He turned his head around just enough to ses Jiraiya and Daisuke's faces. He cried out in joy. Hugging his uncle as if this was nothing but a dream. As if this was nothing but a cruel dream his mind conjured up.

He quickly pulled away to look at hid uncle and Daisuke. "Naruto and Erity..."

"It will be alright Kurama. You're safe now." Kurama gave a weak smile before fainting in Jiraiya's arms, blood lose finally getting to him. "Quick, take him to the ambulance. See to it that my nephew is quickly taken care of." Daisuke nodded and gathered the unconscious Kurama in his, rushing back the way he came from.

.....

Naruto was getting worried.  It had been an hour and Kurama had yet to return. He refused to entertain the vicious thoughts itching at the back of his mind.

He hissed, grinding his teeth together as a sharp pain went through his body. His contractions were progressively getting worse with the pain settling in his back. He felt the baby struggling to move further down into the birth canal causing pain in his pelvic area. 

He gripped the edge of the desk, leaning into it, so as  to not  fall to the floor as another contraction hit him full force. He breathed out as it ended, panting heavily. “Damn that one lasted two minutes,” He muttered slowly attempting to straighten up due to pain radiating in the lower part of his back.

He yelped placing a hand on the small of his back and the other on the side of his stomach.  Panic ran through his mind as to how he was going to deliver the baby. The doctors had informed him that this child was bigger than it’s siblings and they had recommended a possible c-section. He struggled to walk to the side of the bed as his gait was widening and the baby kicked him angrily being confined in its space trying to pressing down.

He waddled profoundly knowing that even if escaping was possible at this point he wouldn’t be able to walk far in his current condition. He wanted nothing more than to curled up into a ball and pray for the pain to go away. 'Sasuke.' His heart provided. He was supposed to be with him right now preparing to welcome their daughter.