The Seven Vampires

"Elle?" My mom asks in confusion as I stare where Jungkook had been just a second ago. "Why are you down here? Did you take your medicine?"

Oh. The medicine.

But that was the least of my worries when I'd just seen seven perfectly existing men just dissipate into thin air. One moment, there. The next moment, not there anymore.

Am I going crazy?

"Elle!" My mom calls impatiently, and I quickly nod, face flushing with shame. I'd never lied before. But I really, really didn't want to deal with my mom freaking out right now just because I skipped one dosage.

"Um," I stutter, earning myself a curious look from my mom. I usually didn't stutter, but I'd been doing that a lot lately. "I'm just going to go rest. I'll be in my bedroom."

I had to know that Jungkook wasn't just a fragment of my imagination.

I had to check my email.

With my mom's worried gaze on my back, I nearly dash up the stairs to my room. My computer is still open- still showing me the page of my and Jungkook's conversation.

Thank God.

From. Jungkook

Sorry about that, Elle. Your mother didn't see anything, right?

My fingers fly on the keyboard as I see Jungkook smiling at me on the other side of the window.  How in the world had he gotten there so fast? How did he disappear?

But the only possible explanation that could explain both the disappearance and the sheer speed was....

No. Absolute. Way.

To. Jungkook

You're a vampire. And your hyungs, too.

When I peek at the window, he's no longer smiling. His face is tense, and he's chewing on his lip anxiously. I recognize the expression he's wearing- it's the exact one I made when I was telling him about my allergy.

Regret. And worry.

My computer dings, even the notification alert sounding a bit on the timid side.

From. Jungkook

Do you hate me?

Oh no.

To. Jungkook

No! Of course not. I see you getting up- you better not leave, or I'll come after you.

Thank God.

He sits down, and his precious smile is back on his face.

From. Jungkook

You have no idea how happy you just made me, Elle. I thought I'd made a mistake.

Mistake? My brows furrow together, and I glance at Jungkook for a split second before turning back to the screen. I find a new notification.

From. Jungkook

It's hard to survive in a world where you're hated. We just found this place, and I was afraid that you'd freak out, call the vampire cops or something. I don't want to run, not again.

My lips curve downwards. How would it feel like, having to keep relocating because there were people set out to kill you? How would it feel like to be born a vampire, your life set out for you in the very beginning?