My Life For Theirs

"Everyone downstairs!"

Instead of my usual peaceful morning plans of waking up to the soft sunlight and birds chirping outside, I wake up to Jin screeching his throat off at exactly 3 am in the morning.

My instant reflexes are to tug the blankets over my ears to try to block out the sound, but the high pitch of his voice penetrate through the soft cotton with more ease than I thought it would.

I groan.

Had he finally gone insane?

Sleep still heavy in my eyes, I trudge downstairs with my head ringing with his voice and my body sluggish. Annoyance emanates from me in a fierce aura as I join the rest of the sleep-ridden vampires in the living room.

They all reflect my pissed look and half-shut eyelids, but out of all them, Yoongi looks like he wants to murder the eldest vampire.

His fangs are already developed all the way down to his chin, his eyes glowing a dark violet as he growls ferociously.

He looks like a heartbeat away from tearing out his throat.

"I swear, hyung," Jungkook says sleepily, his eyes narrowed to dark silver slits. "If you woke me up for some stupid reason I promise I'll destroy your mop collection."

"It's not a stupid reason," Jin says, clicking his tongue. "It—"

"Yeah?" Taehyung challenges as he points at a bruise on his knee. "Last time you woke us up because you thought we'd stolen one of your precious broomstick or whatever. And Jungkook freaking fell on me while you were screaming your head off. Do you have any idea how much he weighs?"

"Well, we can worry about that later." Jin says with a dismissive wave. "I'm planning to check out this arena Jungkook told me about, and nighttime's best to do it."

In the corner of my eye, I see the sleep instantly escape Jungkook's posture as he tenses. It was clear that he didn't want to go back— that he'd seen enough the other day.

And Jin notices.

"Elle, you're obviously not going." He states, making me frown. If he was going to rule me out in the first place, why did he have to wake me like that?

"And Jungkook— you as well. Keep her out of trouble."

Relief and gratitude is apparent in the maknae's features as he nods, watching intently as Jin waves at Hoseok.

"Hoseok— anything we might need to know about? I know you haven't had visions lately, but—"

What?

The exclamation is out of my mouth before I can stop it, and I look to the two of them in shocking surprise.

"What visions are you talking about? Are you saying he can see the future?"

"Obviously," Yoongi says, staring at me like I was a kindergartner who'd just pronounced the first letter of an alphabet. "You didn't know?"'

"Jungkook!" I screech, and the maknae looks away. His face is blushed as he shrugs, trying to act nonchalant under my fierce gaze.

"You— You never asked."

"Well duh!" I yell, unable to contain the excitement and the feeling of betrayal as I glare at him even deadlier. I thought he trusted me— had I been wrong to think that?