Vampire Side

Everything is red.

And I'm hungry.

So, so hungry.

The night is tranquil compared to the roaring thirst in my throat, and I don't need to slide my tongue over my teeth to know that there's already two grown fangs in the middle.

Now I know why Jungkook looks at me the way he does. Now I understand why he seems so pained around me, always keeping his guard up and expression tense.

Blood.

I can smell it— like the wind. It's heavy and powerful with a scent that makes me want to consume it until I lose my senses and end up more red than pale.

My eyes haze with the color of the bluest water as I grip the blankets tangled among my legs and arms, desperate to track down the source of this smell.

I had to drink it.

I had to have it.

Then all of a sudden, I'm pinned back onto the bed. A startled cry escapes my lips when I see a glint of silver blue, the one color I was hoping to not see.

Silver blue is Jungkook.

"I knew this would happen," His rich voice resonates from the dark figure holding me down on the mattress, and a vicious growl tears from my throat.

"I knew you would lose yourself."

"Let me go," I hiss, and I tremble when the smell grows stronger. It's pulling me in— wants me to come. I need it, and it needs me.

I have never wanted anything so badly in my entire life.

"Why are you doing this?" I seethe, my voice sounding foreign. It sounds like it belongs to someone else, yet I'm controlling the words spoken. "Can't you tell that it wants me? I have to go, Jungkook. Let me go."

"It's tricking you," He breathes, pressing a firm palm on my chest. "It wants you to think that way, Elle. I don't want you to end up killing someone."

Even though I struggle under his hold, his grip is iron. Only now I taste his strength— his sheer power. And his body hasn't even taken on the glow of the Gift yet.

But I have my own.

He doesn't understand how important this is. It's calling for me, and he wants me to ignore this? It just can't be right, to ignore something so beautiful and pure.

Maybe he is lying to me.

The same power that had blazed its path through my blood earlier draws its fangs, its claws. I can see the faintest wisps of the Gift rising from my body as I let the power consume my mind.

"Elle..."

When he says my name, I can sense the urgency in his voice. His grip has grown stronger, but my Gift has already filled the air.

Then Jungkook lets me go.

He lets out a choked scream as he falls back into the bed, his entire body wreathed with the waves of pain I'd doused over him. Even though it should've been enough to take him out, he groans and rolls onto his hands.

His eyes are dark with agony, and for a moment I'm back to the Elle that wants to stop this.

But that Elle is no longer there when I smell the blood, surrounding my senses and lifting the corners of my lips into a crazed smile.