The Taste of You

My breath hitches in my throat as I feel the tips of his fangs prick my skin, drawing blood. His hand clutches my waist tighter as he tastes it, and I can sense his body tremble with pleasure.

I should be either horribly disgusted or horribly terrified, but strangely I feel none of that.

It's just numbness, even though the contact lasts for a fraction of a second.

He only tastes a drop or two before he pulls away, his eyes flickering rapidly from vampire to human. His breathing is so abnormal that I'm more worried about that than the two small holes in my neck, dripping small rivulets of red.

"Oh my Lord," He gasps, eyes wide and black again. With a shocked cry, he pushes off of my body and stumbles back so quickly it's a miracle he didn't trip over his feet.

His irises glitch as if he and the vampire inside of him was trying to fight for control.

Jungkook draws his thumb over his lips, looking even more panicked when he sees the red smeared on the skin. One of his eyes turn a full-on silver while the other remains dark.

When I rush to help, he gasps desperately.

"No,"  He breathes, voice trembling with fear. "Get away from me. Go away."

Was it because of my scent?

But I follow his instructions, scared that he was going to get worse. His eyes flicker and fix on my neck, the spot where he'd bitten.

It was distracting him.

Grabbing the nearest piece of clothing I can find, I press it over the red trailing from the two small holes. They're tiny, but still visible if one looked closely. I think about how I shouldn't forget to wear my hair down at all times now.

He winces when I shift back, like he was in pain. I want to help him, but if it was my own self that was causing this....

"I'm sorry," He gasps, forcing his eyes close. "I'm stupid. So foolish."

I don't even need to ask before he starts talking, as if it was the only thing distracting him from me. The silver of his eyes flicker and fluctuate, the vampire side getting stronger, weaker.

Stronger again.

"I forgot to take my daily blood. And then you were so close, smelling like heaven. I lost control." He speaks in sharp bursts, but I'm relieved to see that the silver was fading away in his eyes.

"It's okay, Jungkook." I assure him. It didn't even hurt that much, and it wasn't like he'd nearly drained me to death. Besides, the small holes would heal soon.

"No," He growls, suddenly ferocious. "It is not. I drank your blood, Elle. I tasted it, and I liked it. Do you know what that means?"

I look at him in confusion, and he covers his face with his hands.

"It means—my God, your scent is already overwhelming." He says, gritting his teeth in frustration. "I could smell you from a mile away."

"Should I go take a shower?" I suggest, and he laughs bitterly.

"A million showers won't change anything, Elle. It won't change the fact that I can't come near you now without putting you in danger, and it won't change the fact that I'm always going to want your blood."

He looks at me, eyes narrowed.

"Pretend all you've ever eaten in your life is dirt. Pretend you've gotten all used to it, and then one day you try the best food you could've ever eaten. What do you think would happen?"