Precious to Me

My back arches against the wall as Jungkook grips my waist, his back arched and his lips a deep hiss in touch with my skin.

Want and pleasure overwhelm his silvery eyes as he withdraws his fangs from my throat. And then to my shock, his hands come cool against my cheeks as he presses his scarlet lips to mine.

My own blood tastes like metal and what normal blood should taste like— I can't imagine why his eyes go alive with sheer pleasure, his body hot with lust.

For a brief second, Jungkook breaks the kiss to stare at my crimson lips. His intense gaze traces over the mark he's made on my neck, on the rivulets of red trickling out of the small holes.

A trail of blood makes its way down his pale chin, and I can't help myself not to brush it off with my sleeve.

Amusement flickers in his eyes as he caresses my lips with his thumb, watching the smear of my blood on the skin when he takes it off.

He licks the blood away.

Whoever Jungkook is now is not the innocent, happy boy from a day ago. Utter dominance is so clear in his ethereal irises that I automatically shrink back submissively when I meet his gaze.

A devilish smirk glides on his features that I couldn't believe that I'd once thought that these were cute and adorable.

Dark.

Seductive.

Beautiful.

"Don't be scared," He whispers softly, feeling my body tense when he presses his palm against my exposed upper arm.

"Your face is too sweet to bear terror."

The red moonlight lights up half of his face as he wraps his large hand around the back of my head, gently tilting it to the side. His wintry fingers grip the neckline of my shirt, pulling the fabric down to my shoulder.

Exposing the unscathed part of my neck.

My body trembles uncontrollably when he draws his tongue across his fangs, knowing fully well what was going to happen next.

He frowns at my horrified expression, silver eyes narrowing with an emotion I can't discern from the fear paralyzing my body down to my fingertips.

"Don't be scared, Elle. Didn't I tell you that fear is not a good look on you?"

My voice is a series of violent stutters as my chest rises and falls abnormally quickly, breath heavy and fast between my pursed lips.

"You're g-going to k-kill me. How am I-I supposed to k-keep a straight face?"

When he hears me, the amusement from before flashes back onto his features. His fingers seem absent as he adjusts my messy locks, letting go when it covers half of my face in a dark, wavy curtain.

"So innocent," He muses, breathing deeply of my scent. "So pure."

"So tempting."

Then the air vibrates, and a dark flash blurs the front of my vision as it crashes into Jungkook. Even though it's faint, I can catch the ashen gray locks of the vampire.

Ash gray. Jimin.

Jungkook somehow looks pleased as Jimin tightens his hand around the maknae's neck, eyes bursting with the color of anger.

"Hello, hyung. You seem angry."

Jimin's eyes flicker to me as if to check if I'm still alive as he hisses between his clenched teeth. The clock reads a total of thirty-two minutes into the Blood Hour, and I'm stunned as I realize only two minutes had passed since Jungkook had found me.

It felt like eternity.

"Sorry, Elle." Jimin apologizes as he keeps his eyes straight on Jungkook. "I was late."

Jungkook's smile widens, the silver-blue of his eyes now so bright it illuminates the entire space of the room. His fingers slowly wrap around Jimin's wrist, and my breath catches in horror as the blue deepens.

"Hyung, you didn't really think you could take her away like that?"

His voice is dark and possessive as his eyes light with inhumane fury. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what he's going to do next, and there was no way I was going to sit around and watch it unfold.

"Stop!" I gasp, throwing the blanket off of me as the two vampires look to me in surprise. When I jump off the bed, I find that my movements had been too rushed, too off-balance.

I curse in my mind as my ungracefulness twists my feet together, and gravity pulls my unbalanced body down towards the ground.

Except I never meet the ground. Not at all.

A pair of cold hands wrap around my waist and my wrist as it pulls me back up to my feet, as quickly as the near-fall had taken place. Jungkook gives Jimin a scornful look as he gives me time to find my balance, not letting go until I do.

"Hyung. This is the last warning I'm going to give you before I rip your throat out," Jungkook growls, pulling my body into his chest protectively. Even though I struggle, his grip is ice cold and iron.

"Leave."

"Jungkook, stop." I plead, and his silver eyes land on me adoringly before fixing back on Jimin. My voice grows in desperation as I tug at his collar. "This isn't you. Come back."

"Come back."

Jimin stares flatly at the maknae as he points at me. "If I leave, you will kill her. You're going to drink her blood until she's pale and dead, and then you're going to regret it for the rest of your life when you wake up."

Jungkook hisses as his arms grow tighter around my figure, eyes sparking with anger.

"I. Will. Not. Kill. Her."

The older man's brows rise in surprise as he finds Jungkook refusing to kill me. Shock fill my heart as well when I hear the completely unexpected response.

"She is mine." He whispers.

"And I do not destroy things that are precious to me."

Jimin's stunned expression reflects mine as I stare up at his face, eyes wide and lips parted.

"How do I know you won't bite her? I can already see the marks, Kook." The gray-haired boy accuses, and I can feel heat rise in Jungkook's skin. When I clutch his sleeve in fear that he'd lunge at Jimin, Jungkook looks down at me with love in his eyes.

I don't know if I'm looking at him the same way. I couldn't be, possibly not.

Don't tell me I was really falling for a vampire?

"She gets scared when I bite her. So I won't." His eyes flicker with fiery challenge, and I can feel the same submission from Jimin's irises at the sheer authority in Jungkook's stare.

"And you'll just have to take my word for it, hyung."

Even the darkness doesn't hide the utter shock in Jimin's posture. The intense way his voice goes into stutters like mine doesn't help his case if he was trying to regain his aura.

"B-But how? How are you resisting her? How are you resisting?"

Jungkook shrugs nonchalantly, and in that exact moment I see the clock ticking down its last few seconds. The blood-red moonlight that had spilled between the curtains is no longer visible, hidden behind the clouds.

Three.

Two.

One.