She Is Mine

"It's like you want me dead," I pout, and Jin's eyes immediately go wide. He shakes his head as I see Yoongi stalk into the room, cackling at the eldest.

"She needs a place to stay," Jungkook explains. "Her mother lied to her— there was no disease. She just wanted to keep her from the world or something."

"That's messed up," Taehyung comments as he nibbles at the end of his straw. "You sure she's the one who birthed you?"

I begin to nod when I abruptly stop myself, doubt pouring into my head like poison. Was she actually the one who birthed me? What if that had been a lie as well?

"Stop it, hyung." Jungkook whispers, his eyes wide and concerning. "Just drop the subject."

Taehyung instantly falls silent as he mouths a sorry in my direction, before suddenly widening his eyes and waving his hands furiously in Jungkook's way.

Jungkook seems confused for a moment before his face lights up in realization.

"Come on, Elle. Don't you want to go outside?"

I couldn't believe I was spending my time indoors when I finally had the chance to feel the outside air. When I instantly nod enthusiastically, Jungkook takes my hand.

"See you later, hyungs!"

And then he flashes.

A wave of nausea rocks through me as we materialize in front of a café, and I cough as an apologetic expression carves into Jungkook's face.

"Sorry— that's one of the side effects. I promise I'll try to refrain doing it from now on, okay?"

All I can do is giggle uncontrollably in reply as I realize where he'd brought me. It was one of those places where I'd only seen glimpses of in picture books and photos.

A cute, adorable cat café with delectable cakes and petite pastries.

I forget to wait for him in my excitement to get in, and I can feel Jungkook's amused gaze upon my back as I practically rush into the café to pet some of the cats there.

"Oh my Gosh!"

As soon as I walk inside the door, at least three soft, adorable kittens leap into my arms, some of them scrabbling to climb up my leg.

They're the cutest things I've ever seen.

"Elle," Jungkook calls, embracing two mewling kittens to his chest. One of them licks his cheek affectionately as he waves at the smiling cashiers. "Do you want something?"

A smile blooms on my face as I laugh happily. At this point, I didn't think it was possible to ruin my delighted mood. "Anything. Absolutely anything."

He smiles softly as he turns to the cashiers, and I turn back to the kittens. They roll adorably on the playmats, their watery eyes practically dripping sweetness.

"Do you want to play?" I coo, kissing the top of her furry head as I roll on the ground along with her.

"Gardenia."

"Jungkook?" I call, my eyes still focused on the cute creature as I nuzzle its nose. "Did you get something?"

"Interesting."

Jungkook's voice somehow sounds unfamiliar— somehow off in my ears. When I look up to check, I find someone completely opposite from the cute, sweet boy I was expecting.

Then a pair of arms wrap around my shoulders— and suddenly I'm carried to the farthest corner of the cafe, my ears ringing from the sudden rush of movement.