Shatter Him

Night had befallen.

I'm glad to see my mother's blue Sonata pull out of the driveway, her suspicious eyes gazing up in my room's direction before returning to the road. 

At least she wouldn't be at risk.

There were going to be chaos tonight, and I couldn't even run from it. I was stuck in this room- locked with a digital lock, barred out totally and completely from the outside world.

I can hear the sounds of muffled shouting and growling from Jungkook's house, indicating that the moon's pull had reached its greatest peak. 

It wouldn't be long before the Blood Moon surfaced from the clouds, and my life would be strung on the line.

A cold shiver twists up my spine as I grip the curtains close. Jimin had suggested the best way to delay Jungkook would be to conceal my scent, although he admitted it would be impossible to do so entirely.

Jungkook would come for me in the end. He would find me no matter what happened, and I had been told to prepare for the impossible.

But how in the world do I prepare for the impossible?

So in the end, Hoseok had brought me enough scented candles to last me a lifetime. Each and every one of them was so heavily scented that I can barely breathe as I duck under my blankets, trying not to look at the firelight glimmering in the darkness.

I press the covers to my nose as I look out of the tiny slit between my curtains, watching the blood-red moonlight spill like fire into my room.

It was time.

My heartbeat escalates so quickly so that even though I try to keep myself silent underneath the covers, I can't help the frantic rush of air escaping me in loud, heavy bursts. Any moment, Jungkook could come crashing through the door.

Any moment.

The clock ticks by painfully slow as I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to prevent the strong fragrances from clouding my mind. Everything smelled of pure floral- powerful enough to make me blanch.

Ten minutes.

Twenty minutes.

Thirty whole minutes into the Blood Hour, and I was still alive. Maybe I'd been too overly paranoid. Maybe the candles were really working, and maybe I was actually going to survive this ordeal.

I slowly pull down the covers, intending to get some fresh air. The thick blankets had me breathing hot, suffocating air for an entire half hour, and my head felt so light I was nearly certain I could just faint any second.

"Finally,"

My eyes widen in pure terror as they meet with two, glowing, silver-blue irises, glimmering brighter than the candles that surrounded me. Fear freezes me to the bed when I realize something that makes my head spin in horror.

The candles had all been extinguished.