Two Flowers

Jimin's terrified scream is the last thing I hear before I press my hand against the side of Jungkook's head, fingers digging deep into his hair as my fangs break skin.

I can't be doing this.

But he tastes so good, and the intoxicating fragrance of lavender traps me down as the world blurs into black around me.

Stop.

I can't.

And then the picture of him lying lifeless and pale against the cold floor flashes through my mind, and terror freezes my body to the ground.

What the hell am I doing?

When I tear myself off of him, the overwhelming lust I'd felt turns into pure fury. Cyan lights up the entire room when I feel Jungkook slack against my grip.

And for a second, I think that I've been actually lost him.

But his eyes weakly open, and when he reaches up to clean his blood off of my lips, something inside me shatters into a million pieces.

The man suddenly screams next to me, and I turn my gaze onto him as my ability courses mercilessly through his body.

The rage drowns out the pain.

"Elle." I suddenly hear, and a firm hand grips my shoulders as I turn to look at Jimin. "Stop. It's over."

"It's over." He repeats when I don't stop, my hands trembling with the pain I don't feel. "Stop, Elle. He's dead. You can't take it much longer— stop."

"But Jungkook—" I protest, my ability wanting to tear the man apart when I look back at his pale, ashen face.

"It's over."

"It's okay."

When he says that, my lips press together and my Gift leaves my eyes, turning them back into the shade of dark brown.

"Help me."

When I look back startled with the fragile tone of Jimin's voice, my throat goes still with horror at the sight of an unconscious Jungkook. His skin is snow as Jimin fervently presses his hand against his neck, still trickling precious blood.

He looks dead.

"He's lost too much." I realize, my heart dropping to the bottom of my chest as I flash to his side. "His regeneration isn't working."

Then I flinch as Jimin bites the back of his hand, drawing it over Jungkook's open lips.

"No—stop." I say, pressing my hand against his own to prevent the blood from escaping. "I'll do it."

Imitating what he'd done, I scar myself and lift Jungkook's head onto my lap. Then I press my bleeding hand against his lips.

My heart warms a bit when I feel him unconsciously drinking from me, like a baby sucking on a pacifier while asleep.

His hair feels soft as I run my fingers through them.

Jimin releases a deep sigh as he falls backward, his arms spread out in exhaustion. I look up, my brows furrowed in question.

"How are the others?"

"Yoongi and Hoseok hyung escaped— turned invisible. The others," He suddenly pauses, touching his cheek as it heals unimaginably fast.

Worry deepens his eyes.

"I don't know."

Then shock fills my face as the door flies open, revealing Taehyung and Jin. My legs would've given out in relief if I hadn't already been sitting, and a bright smile lights up Jimin's face.