One

"Okay, 3, 2, 1" Cisco pointed at me and I let out the ear-splitting scream. The glass shattered and the cup next to my target cracked. I stood straight and sighed, "Almost"

"At least it didn't completely shatter like last time" Caitlin shrugged.

"Okay, as much as I want to perfect the control of my cry, I think I should actually go to my day job before Joe and Singh rip me a new one," I said, taking off the choker Cisco had fashioned me to help control my cry.

"Okay, we still on for drinks tonight?" Cisco asked, looking at me and Caitlin.

"Of course," I said, "Cait?"

"Sure, why not?" She shrugged. I smiled and began heading out.

"Detective Lance" Wells wheeled in, "Before you leave, mind telling me what Barry has been doing? He missed his rounds last night"

"Uh, he was looking into some stuff about his mother's death," I said, putting my coat on. "We got caught up afterwards..."

"Caught up?" Cisco raised his eyebrows suggestively.

"Yes, that caught up" I sighed, Cisco smirked causing Caitlin to smack him. "He's taking my rounds tonight"

"Very well," Wells said, beginning to back up to let me go. "Have a nice day, detective"

~

We were called to a bank robbery where everyone turned on each other, an innocent woman blinded by something nearly shot another person. Joe, Eddie, and I were taking statements when Barry walked in. I finished up with my witness and headed over to Barry. "Hey, babe," I said.

"Hi," He said. He sighed looking around. "I was here"

"Kinda figured, witnesses reported seeing the red streak" I sighed, "What do you think?"

"They were going insane on each other" Barry said, Joe joined us. "It was like they were possessed"

"What could have possibly done this?" Joe asked. I looked around, everyone was still pretty shaken. 

"I'll swab some surfaces and run some tests, but this couldn't have been caused by anything other than meta" Barry sighed. Pulling some of his supplies out.

"This is going to be a long day"

~

"Something is happening in this city" Eddie began, I leaned back with Joe. Eddie had been wanting to pitch an idea to Captain Singh, so of course, his partners needed to listen as well. "Everyone wants to pretend it isn't, but it is, and I think we should do something about it"

"My boyfriend has decided we need to eat healthy at home, so work is now the only place I can eat what I like" Singh fixed his burger before looking up at Eddie, "Oh, I'm sorry. Were you saying something Detective?"

I stifled a laugh earning a look from Joe and Eddie. "The blur, the flash, the man in a red suit, whatever he's called was spotted at the bank this morning," Eddie said, walking around the room, fiddling with his hand.

"You mean the bank that was robbed of a half a million dollars?" Singh asked, "Where a dozen people tried to murder each other. And you think our attention should be focused on catching Santa Claus?"

"I can't explain how he gets to and from crime scenes so fast. We need to figure out who this guy is and what he wants" Eddie said, getting more serious than before.

"You should ask your girlfriend, she writes fan fiction about him and his partner," Singh said, taking a bite of his burger. I need to eat after this is done, Eddie owes me lunch... 

"Joe, Avery, help me out here" Eddie turned to us, I sighed looking at Joe.

"Sorry, Partner. I stopped believing in Santa when I was about 8" Joe shrugged. "Avery?"

"My father taught me how to stay on task with cases, even if this guy exists, we need to focus on keeping our city safe and so far he and his partner haven't harmed anyone," I said, crossing my arms. "By the way, you owe me lunch, I'm starved"

~

After Eddie got shot down one last time, we left Singh's office to be greeted by Barry and Iris. "So after weeks of trying to convince you the Flash and Canary are real, now that you believe me, you're trying to have them arrested? What the hell?" I stop in my tracks and slowly move around them to get to Barry.

"Thanks, Barry," Eddie said sarcastically. Barry simple waves and looks away. "No worries. The captain shot me down. Look, I'm not feeling like lunch, see you later. I'll pay you back with lunch tomorrow, Avery"

"Great, I'm going to starve til dinner" I sighed. Eddie walked off. Iris sighed looking at us, crossing her arms and walking towards us a little. 

"He's just jealous," Iris said.

"Of the Flash? Should he be?" Barry asked a little too excitedly. I shot him a look, crossing my arms and leaning on the desk.

"No, I'll see you later" She walked off, heading for the elevator.

"Barr, Ave, you need to get to STAR labs," Joe said, walking over to his desk.

"Yea, I will," Barry said, standing up. 

"After we eat, I am actually starving," I said, holding my stomach and beginning to walk out.

"Meet me in the parking lot, I'll grab us a snack for the road," Barry said, I simply nodded and headed out. Once I was in the parking lot, Barry ran out with a bag of big belly burger.

"Oh my god," I said, "Is that the captains?"

"Maybe," He said, "Come on, we need to get to STAR labs"

"You should be so thankful he doesn't know its you"