Seven

Third Person

Barry ran back to the lot Oliver was hiding away in, racing in and stopping inside the building. Oliver had his bow in hand, knowing very well Barry was behind him. "Thinking of new ways to embarrass me?" Barry asked, taking a step forward.

"I'm not trying to embarrass you, Barry," Oliver said, turning around and walking towards the speedster. "But you went after Bivolo last night, alone. You didn't even take Avery"

"I don't need her at my side all the time, not like you" Barry spat.

"She's my right-hand woman, of course, I need her at my side" Oliver stated, crossing his arm. "But this isn't about her, it's about you and how you don't pay attention to your team, to your girlfriend. You let Bivolo getaway because of that, Barry"

"And you've never had a misstep?" Barry asked, turning around, walking around the garage-like room.

"Of course I've had missteps," Oliver said, stepping over to him more. "Avery and I have been living this life for almost eight years, encountering things you can't even fathom, and we are still alive. Not because super speed or a sonic cream kept me out of the ground, it was because we realized we needed to keep learning, keep training, keep getting smarter, and until you get that, despite your best intentions, You will do more harm than good"

"I finally see it now" Barry shook his head, crossing his arms. "You're jealous of me, aren't you?"

"What?" Oliver asked.

"You always thought Avery would be at your side forever, you wanted her to sit idly by in case you failed with another woman, she was your backup on the field and in life huh? But now, she's with me and she's happy, and you're not used to other guys making her happy, so you're trying to tear us apart and take her back to Starling" Barry smirked, "She's never going back to you, Oliver"

"Barry" Oliver started.

"A guy like you, handsome, rich, can have almost any girl he wants, jealousy's probably a new emotion for you so you might be a little slow to get what it is you're feeling," Barry said, walking closer to Oliver.

"That's your theory?" Oliver asked. He's not fully wrong. "Your right about one thing, but that's because she's been my Canary a lot longer

"You can train, lift weights, climb that stupid bar until your heart explodes, but you will never get Avery back, nor will you be better than me, and that's gotta hurt your rock-hard pride, Ollie" Bary spat.

He went to leave, Oliver staying almost exactly still. Who the hell does this kid think he is? "I told Avery and Felicity you didn't want my help" Oliver sighed.

"Yea? You're finally right about something!" Barry exclaimed, walking out of the building, in a flash he was gone.

Oliver stood there, contemplating what to do. So what Barry had slightly guessed it? Any sane man would be jealous that HIS Canary had found happiness elsewhere, but that wasn't the point at the moment, the point was, Barry isn't himself.

Oliver held the phone up to his ear, "Your boyfriend was affected by Bivolo"

"Shit"