Eight

Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap. I stood up and headed for the elevator as Barry walked in. "Barr," I said, he sighed looking at me. "What the hell happened with Oliver?"

"Of course he called you," Barry said.

"He said you're not acting yourself," I said, trying to take his hand.

"What does he know? He doesn't know me" He half shouted, I stepped back in defence. Jesus, this really wasn't Barry.

"Allen, how's it going with the Bivolo case?" Singh asked, walking over.

"I'm working on it," Barry said, starting to head up to his lab.

"Care to be more specific?" Singh asked, following Barry to the steps. "How about you answer me when I ask you a question!"

"Hey!" Barry shouted, catching the attention of everyone. "How about you back off?"

Oh no. "Excuse me?" Singh asked. 

"Barry" I tried to stop him.

"Look, I work just as hard as anyone in this building, I don't need you constantly berating me to do my job" Barry was angry. "When it's done, you will have it, all right?"

Joe ran past me, pushing the two apart. "Sorry, captain, he's having an allergic reaction to some bad medication," He said. Barry huffed, looking around.

"You remind him who answers to who" Singh stated before walking away. Barry walked off, Joe in tow.

I stood completely still. "Avery," Singh said. "What is going on with him?"

"My ex is in town, sir," I said, "Plus, he might be stressed with the cases he's been working on"

"Please, try and keep your private life... private" Singh huffed, heading back to his office.

Barry raced past me, "Barr" I tried to stop him, he looked at me as his eyes turned reddish. He rushed off, "Shit"

"Did you see that?" Joe asked.

"Yea" I sighed, "Get to STAR labs, I'll go after him"

"You need back up," Joe said, we raced out behind him.

"I got it, I just need to get them to meet me" I pulled out my commlink and put it in my ear. "Guys, we have some trouble brewing"

"Meet you as fast as possible, Canary"