9- Discipline

Thank you everyone for voting! We're about to hit 1k votes on this story. I'll try to update everyday.

Started Typing On – 21/04/2019

Chapter 9- Discipline

Author's Pov:

Today was different, unlike those five months of travelling alone everywhere for the first time someone was accompanying her. A smile should be lingering in her lips for two reasons, A- Rahul, who declared to loathe her so much was grocery shopping with her, which meant somewhere in her heart that he didn't hate her. Least now. And B- she didn't feel the loneliness by having somewhere around but she wasn't smiling.

Scar. Back. It kept running in her head. He had mentioned their boss's wife's name, this made it even fishier for Siya. She passes through the crowd to the vegetable market nearby where both of them needed to buy some goods. She snatches her eyes from the unfamiliar people walking by and looks on the floor but from the side of her eyes she notices Rahul looking tensed.

I shouldn't have mentioned Khushi's name in front of this midget. Of course he shouldn't have. Yug wouldn't like someone—just anyone apart from himself or his family or close friends—those friends also knew because some of them were aware of the situation from the start, just like Rahul—to know his wife has a horrible burn in her back. Forget angry Yug, Khushi wouldn't appreciate Rahul's tongue slip.

He had to act fast so Siya forgets this incident. He can't afford to open up old wounds. "M-my Ma said we need coriander." He wasn't lying. The widow was behind him for two days to bring some fresh coriander to glaze on top of their curry but Rahul being himself, having no clue how to shop or what price he appropriate for the greens always ignored the request of his mother.

Today, well, he still didn't want to go but after a little incident where he mentioned Khushi's scar after freaking out he knew he had to stay with Siya for some time to erase the topic quickly. So, coriander it is!

How could I lose control? He was angry at himself, so angry that he felt horrible. Just because both Khushi and Siya had same viewpoints in something like -scars-staying-forever- how could he forget she was Siya and not his friend Khushi? He felt so lost, so lost in Siya's words that he could see the vision of that awful day. The day he reached Khushi's house to see her brutally hit and burnt. That scar on her back had all came alive in front of his eyes when Siya mentioned the word, being worried as he can be Rahul thought the women standing in front of him was his best friend. Unfortunately, it wasn't. 

It felt so real. So real that he thought he'd scream being so helpless. "Yeah," he heard her light voice and shivered once realising someone was next to him. He was walking, walking all along the streets but couldn't see anything until she broke his thoughts. "We'll get it from here, he sells vegetables for good price." He noticed how proud and satisfied she looked seeing the markets around as if she's happy to save money.

He doesn't understand why but he couldn't help but slightly smile. Slightly. But it faded once she looked up. Rahul looked away from her acting as if he's trying to find something or someone. If it was in her hand she'd get everything for free. Even though he's seen how money-saving she can be he was sure she wasn't kanjoos (Penny pinching) because even though he insisted she paid for the auto ride.

Yeah, right. After fighting with the old man. He thought his mother was the queen or bargaining but Siya was out of the world. She argued with the old man for whole ten minutes, standing under the sun, the heat irritating her skin but she was determined to save up some money and she did. All that time Rahul felt so embarrassed.