23- Unexpected Lift

Started Typing On – 13/06/2019

Chapter 23- Unexpected Lift

Author's Pov:

The day had started with a disappointed and obnoxious Rahul by receiving the ignorance from Siya's direction throughout the day. What did I do? Had his comment affected her so much about the clothing she wore last night? He has no clue but certainly the distance she'd maintained with herself and her words weren't considered well by Bhatt.

It was a Thursday, just one day left for the departure for Pune. Everyone had finished of their works. Payal and Mary who Siya mostly spoke to throughout the day were heading out not before asking Siya to join them but she declined due to some emailing she had left to do. The other two girls left, leaving Siya, Rahul, Varun and a couple others still inside the building.

Varun opened the Shaadi.com app to find Maya hadn't replied. He was so ready to lash out at Rahul's mother, Ridhi for being so blunt and a bit creepy. No girl would want a conversation starter to be about 'giving eleven gifts.'

He slightly touches Rahul's forearm to draw his attention, "I'm leaving, you coming?"

Rahul shook his head vaguely, he was too busy looking at Siya running around the place in a hurry. Minion needs to calm down. "Umm, hello." Varun called onto him.

"Huh?" He finally removes his eyes from her.

"Coming?" Varun ran his fingers through his hair before logging out of the desktop.

"Oh, um, not yet." Think of something. He looked around for help, for explanation when his eyes fell on Yug talking on the phone before heading inside his cabin. "Yu—Mr Verma has asked me to stay back for some work. I'll meet you tomorrow morning at my house?"

Varun looks at his friend—watches—carefully trying to figure out his unclear behaviour today. He didn't talk much. His own brain was occupied with some sort of problem. If only Varun knew his friend was annoyed with Siya. "Ok," he finally agrees, finding nothing obstruct with Rahul's behaviour.

"See you tomorrow morning. Tell Ma to make me extra paratha's." Varun orders with a serious look before heading out. Food was just an excuse to talk to her about not being over friendly or active on the app since her job is finished by writing the bio.

He waved away to his friend, sitting back on his seat pretending to work on some report and look all dedicated but instead his eyes kept roaming in Siya's direction. Her hair were still in a high ponytail, bouncing around every time she moved from one place to another. Clipping some papers together she rushed into Harsh's cabin making Rahul sneer.

One by one everyone was leaving. To Rahul's surprise even Yug was heading out of his cabin. His shirt sleeves rolled onto his elbow, his tie had loosened and his hand was occupied with the phone as he kept grinning while talking. "Yes Boss," he laughs, shaking his head at someone order from the other side.

Now who does my boss address as boss? Rahul can't help but feel drawing to Yug's conversation though he can't hear the person on the other line. The mouse moves across the desktop but his ears were wishing to hear something related to his friend Khushi.

"Why can't you get Neha to get it?" Yug's smile vanish and turns into a wickedly annoyed expressions. That gave Rahul utter peace to see him suffer somehow. Bless that caller for taking his smile away.

They were friends. They both know they'll be there to help each other but the ego and jealousy and revenge does come in between. It was over-all a fun teasing. "Right but I didn't sign up for this!" His voice grows louder and Rahul smirks at Yug when their eyes meet. 'Don't you dare smile.' Yug mouths at Rahul, annoyed at him.