62- Desperate Mother

Started Typing On - 26/03/2020
Chapter 62- Desperate Mother

The night was falling dark and quiet despite the large population of the city. It was around two forty in the early-early morning when Rohan unlocks his house with Siya walking behind him like a lost puppy.

The ride back home was extremely quiet in not such a comfortable silence but more upsetting. Perhaps a stubborn one too in his opinion.

In this exact moment Rohan was proud of living in a two bedroom house with a living room that had enough space for emergency usage.

"My room's on the right. First door." He says with a yawn pointing towards the brown wooden door.

"Where are you sleeping?" She asks out of curiosity. Her own voice drowsy.

"Balcony." He mutters with no trace of humour or madness, only blankness aching his face.

Siya stares at him like he's gone mad and waits for him to laugh or scoff or give some sort of hints through his expressions but nothing comes along. "Are you ser—" the floor would be wet because of the rain.

"Siya just sleep. Go to bed. I don't want to wake Ma up." He stifles another yawn. If Ridhi woke up at this time she wouldn't let anyone sleep unless she's gotten all her bizarre lines of questions answered.

Rohan doesn't even delay falling into a deep slumber once he hits the sofa. Siya tip-toes her way into his room. The door opens without much effort—thankfully without making any noise—once she's inside she shuts it close and turns the light on. The room brightens up with a two picture frames.

One was of his mother and himself. Judging by their clothes and smile it seemed like they had attended a wedding of someone dear. Rohan had worn a cream coloured kurta that fitted well on his tall body with a broad cheeky smile. That's rare. Whose wedding was it? On the other hand his mother wore an expensive matching cream coloured saree with just a pair of earrings as she grins into the camera with her son's hand around her shoulder.

Whose wedding could it be? A family member? But he's not in contact with any of his relatives.

The photo of mother and son was hung to the right side of the wall. On the opposite side was a photo of his friends and himself. The background was of a beach. Wide open blue ocean with tourists walking somewhere in the scene far away. But the highlight of the picture was all the cheery faces.

The picture obviously had Rohan. He stood in the middle, all tall and handsome, his hair swept in front of his eyes—blocking his view in the camera because his eyes were shrieked. Barely open. But his goofy and reckless smile does the job of enhancing his relaxed face under the bright sun. He wore a pair of beach like shirt with short sleeves and blue plain faded shorts reaching a little above his knees.

Next to him was, Khushi. Siya remembers her. They've met a couple of times but nothing more than a few words exchanged. She's not married here. Siya's assumption was accurate because indeed Khushi wasn't married. She didn't wear a wedding chain nor vermillion and neither was Yug anywhere in the picture.

Siya settles on a guess that this picture was taken before her and Neha's wedding to the Verma brothers.

Khushi was on Rohan's left. A bottle of orange juice in her hand had saved her from an awkward pose which could have ended up in her standing strangely. Good thing was, another friend beside her—Shivam. Siya remembers—slings his hand around her shoulder. She wore a nice simple top, shorts and open hair as she faintly smiles. Not a fake smile but not also her best.