63- Unfinished Business

Started Typing On – 26/03/2020

Chapter 63- Unfinished Business

Unknown's POV:

I've been pacing around my house incredulously. I've been waiting for Siya to leave her crappy house since early morning—her usual time—but she doesn't come out. Questions go through my head, 'has she left early?' or 'is she sick?' My stomach lifts in a dreadful pit of anxiousness.

My day wouldn't move forward without glancing at her face. It's been a habit.

"I should check on her." I grab this shitty flat's keychain when my phone rings in my hand. "Speak." I don't bother greeting him. I'm not in a good mood and I expect him to know that as soon as I speak.

"I've reached. We're in Mumbai." Comes a poise sound from the other end of the phone. "I just wanted to thank you for supporting u—"

If my day had been given a jump start I'd be thrilled with his appreciation call and cheerfulness of his voice but right now, I don't care. "Nice to hear from you. Look after her. And be good. I got to go." Before our conversation could turn down the sweet passage of childhood memories I hung up.

"Fucken Siya!" I shout pulling my hair urge to see her in front of me. My telescope is useless today after assessing and seeing her kitchen—every—window is shut, leaving me no space to spy on her.

I head down the stairs and walk towards her flat. The knocks brisk and stiff. I put all my weight on one foot—controlling my anger—and wait but she doesn't answer. I call her name. Calmer. Little louder. And then it's a yell. No response.

"Siya!" I call again. This time I tell her it's me—I give my name—informing her who she'll meet once opening the door but her house doesn't even make the slightest noise.

"Something wrong?" I turn around and catch an old man with white hair. I tell him I'm fine, waiting for a friend and then he leaves. She'll eventually be back. She has to. This is her home.

I begin to walk out the society when I spot the watchman watching me from his chair. His indescribable gaze haunts me like I've done something wrong. I take the task to talk to him. "What?"

He shakes his head. Eyes lingering on the floor. "I heard you calling that madam's name." Siya.

I clear my throat and scratch the bridge of my nose. "Do you know when she left for work?"

The watchman replies without a heartbeat, "Late night." The society slacked in having a decent watchman who ever did his job but this guy seemed legitimate. And then I remembered. Holi. It's Holi tomorrow. He's probably taking this job seriously for money.

"Night? When? Who was she with?"

A sinister smile crawls up his face. I've seen these before. "My mouth will only open when—"

I don't bother letting him complete and dug my hand inside my track's pocket. I shove him a two thousand note and order him to begin talking like a dog. "She left with a tall man in a big at around two ten-ish last night."

"In a car? Did she take anything?" My voice urgent and impatient. I know the answer but I want to hear it out loud.

"Bike. A black bike. She took nothing rather than her purse."

Bike. Rohan. Purse. That means she'll be back. I can never forget that old bike he keeps riding around as if it's something to be proud of.

What why did she leave during night? Why not daytime? Something was fishy. I begin to ask the watchman to pay close attention to Siya and inform me if she comes back some time when my phone rings again.

"Yes, Ravi!" I hiss. What he tells me explodes my body in fire. This isn't possible. "You made a big fucken mistake!" I screech from the bottom of my heart. "You fucked up big time, Ravi." If he was in front of me I wouldn't think twice before punching him in the face and then that Rohan for coming in between Siya and my love story.

"Ra—" he tries to explain himself and form peace but this isn't the time.

"We'll talk. When I'm ready to hear even a single word from you. Until then, fuck off, Ravi. It's over!" I howl and curse until my mouth is too dry and throat scratchy to be able to speak. I give the watchman one hard look and say, "You watch the girl and call me when she's here. Do your job and name your price, it's all yours." My number is saved in his phone by the time I head out of the society.

There's no proof she will understand I am who I am but I can't just sit here and wait for to take some action against me.

"It won't take long for you to realise who I am, Siya. You're in trouble, Darling." So I'll wait. Wait for her. For her.

Key To Their Hearts

Uhh, well, it's not Ravi so who?