74 - 'Mrs Bhatt'

Started Typing On – 07/04/2020

Chapter 74- 'Mrs Bhatt'

During the whole wedding ceremony Siya found herself dazing out and then falling back into reality once in a while. She repeated the vows, stood up and walked around the fire with Rohan and extended her hand for rituals but she still kept thinking about what Khushi had said.

She's fascinated to talk to Khushi again. Ask her how long it took her to overcome the trauma, and if it was easy? The women spoke to her with ease and confidence like they were discussing something so simple and daily like.

Siya feels a chain hanging on her neck and Rohan's finger brushing on her nape brining her back to life once again. She lifts her eyelashes and sees him sitting beside her in a golden coloured Sherwani looking nothing but royal and definitely the eye catcher in the whole wedding.

On seeing her just stare at him without giving any readable expressions he imagines she's getting anxious about stepping into a new phase in their lives together so Rohan gives her a promising smile. His eyelashes meeting for a mere second before he opens it and looks away. It was his silent and private way of saying, 'everything will be okay. I'm here.'

Siya smiles at her brother sitting a little ahead to her right looking nothing but horribly emotional. He looked dazzling for sure wearing his well fitted maroon coloured Kurta with a light black vest, his hair pushed back.

Viren sends his younger sister a shaking thumbs up before getting up and leaving to check on the food arrangements, after all, it was his sister's wedding and he wanted everything A-class.

Her eyes linger back to the holy fire blazing prominent in front of her and Rohan as they seek blessing from the god and goddess itself. Sitting right in front of the heat gave her full view to the gorgeous colours of the fire. It wasn't yellow or blue but rather a harsh and firm shade of rose like red and orange.

And as the fire grew she felt as if someone would come out of it. Come out of it and tell her she's going to be happy. Finally. And shout and make her believe that she'll never see Rahan ever in her life again.

Her chocolatey brown eyes reflected the burning fire, and with that bridal makeup, red dark lipstick, spotless dark shaded eyebrows, and straight lined lips she looked nothing but strong—brave, fierce. The most, incredibly intelligent women.

As if the fire had seen her power it burns little slower, peaceful too, and shrinks down letting Siya look at Khushi's encouraging pair of eyes. Her eyes danced in delight at the bride. It was like the ladies have bonded—become best friends to perhaps—because of their experiences in life.

They had finally found someone like them yet so different. It could be considered selfish from both their ends because somewhere in their hearts—their bleeding and anguish hearts—they both knew they'll depend on each other.

No shyness. Reluctance. Or embarrassment would be faced when they'll speak to each other once again. Khushi had learnt—mastered—the art of swallowing the negativity in and speaking truthfully like no tomorrow, now it was Siya's turn.

Rohan fills his brides parted hair with vermilion as if making it clear to the whole world she was his better half from now on. She thought it'll only be her—closing her eyes, breathing in and then stopping and heartbeats escalating—but Rohan does the same. His way different to her though.

His Adam's apple moves swiftly—taking it's time as if processing and making himself believe he's actually married now—his eyes linger heavily on her shut eyes and face, addicted to her pure and immediate reaction with his pinched hand still touching the vermilion on her hair before he finally lets go.