75 - Mother Or Wife

Hey, little note. I just want to show the flaws of life and how nothing is perfect and accurate in reality which is why Ridhi might seem a bit annoying because hey, that's how everyone at some point. (Imperfect) She wished for something and it didn't go as plan so her reaction comes out.

Around nine chapters left of this story. Cheers to everyone who's stayed for so long. Big hug and thank you.

Started Typing On – 08/04/2020

Chapter 75- Mother Or Wife

Siya was home. Her real home now. A few ladies in their neighbourhood came to visit the new and only daughter-in-law of Ridhi Bhatt. There was so much they wanted to find out about the mysterious women Rohan married. He'd rejected so many proposals and most of them he didn't even bother paying the girl or her family a visit.

He had given everyone cold shoulders at the mention of marriage. Then what changed? 

They asked her all sorts of questions, if she could cook, her background and one which was extremely personal, "How come you got married in the village? We wanted to attend Rohan's wedding, after all he's our neighbour for so long now."

Siya's irked and insulted face looks at her mother-in-law pleading her to shut these women up. Not that Siya couldn't defend herself but wasn't it Ridhi's duty to support her daughter-in-law?

Rohan wasn't home. He had left to get a few things, if he was, none of these rude ladies would have uttered this in his presence.

Ridhi dodges Siya's hurt eyes and looks at her friends. Her jaw shut tight—sharp and straight—waiting for her daughter-in-law to answer the straight-forward question. At the sight of Ridhi—and her behaviour—Siya's heart breaks into multiple pieces.

Siya has been ignoring the judgmental looks she received from few of the ladies and their daughter-in-law all this time patiently because she's happy. She's married. She's stepped into a new life altogether and doesn't want to tarnish it because of a few arrogant ladies but this question—which involved her respected family—wasn't something any girl could neglect.

Is this the same women who treated me like an angel few months ago? What had changed? Because I was nearly molested?

No. It was because the wedding wasn't like Ridhi had desired it to be—lavishing, big, and expensive. Something extraordinary. Siya didn't know that, of course.

She swallows a bubbling lump and rips her eyes from her husband's betraying mother. "My parents wanted the wedding to be held in my birth place." There was no way Siya will degrade her family, especially in front of women like these—who judge other people—after so much her parents had done.

Siya had the best wedding in the whole village and the most expensive one too. Everyone loved the food, in fact even after feeding everyone the food was left. They weren't short in anything, wasn't that enough? What's the most important reason people attend weddings for? Food, and that certainly had pleased everyone, Siya knows this because Varun and Isha kept praising the caterers all the time.

Was an expensive wedding in Delhi that important?

An old ladies daughter-in-law cocks her eyebrow mockingly at Siya. "Ohh," her voice nothing but disgusted. "You're born in a village?"

Siya looks at her in disbelief. I don't have the right to live if I'm born in a village? She ignores the pun in her heart and gives an equally mocking reply, "Yes, and I'm a graduate from Columbia University of New York too." Siya's smile is nothing but filled with hatred.