81- Letter

Typed On – 30/04/2020

Chapter 81- Letter

Initially, Rohan had something fun his mind but something else happens. He was walking inside the hotel lobby scrolling through his WhatsApp account to send his mother and brother-in-law some photos of his and Siya's but his eyes stop at Khushi's name.

He frowns and starts to recall when was the last time he texted or called her. It's been months. Then how could her name be third on his WhatsApp screen? Siya walks ahead with lack of confidence. Rohan draws back—halts—and sees in his call-logs to find out he indeed—as it shows—spoke to his best friend for at least three minutes.

Two days ago. I didn't call her. Siya turns, beautiful spotless eyebrow curve up, "Why aren't you walking?"

Rohan stares at her. His eyes scrutinizing her pitied small body to read through her. His wife shifts underneath his unreadable gaze. She steps closer and touches his hand to bring him back to reality.

"Huh?" His head shakes for the merest second. "Let's head inside."

Siya, oddly, awaits for him to hold her hand and lead her to their bedroom but he doesn't. Rohan's finger stays in contact with his touch screen's phone. Hovering over Khushi's name. Siya called her. But why? He doesn't recall the two ladies talking that much to be chatting over the phone.

Something was fishy. He doesn't like where this is going.

They were inside the room when Siya stands in front of him—Rohan was sitting on the bed—with a frown. "I thought you had something in mind. Correct?" No hint of tentativeness. She speaks so clearly and confidently as if the word 'unsure' never existed in her dictionary.

Rohan plays cool. "I feel like we're married but not at the same time." Siya's frown slips into confusion and a little fear.

"Roh—look, I—I feel like I'm improving. I've had a lot of changes. I don't get—"

Rohan shakes his head grasping her soft hands fondly. "I'm talking about communication." Because you don't talk much. Siya's mouth turns into a recognising oval. He settles her beside him and sits so he's facing her, legs crossed. "There are a few things I'd like to tell you."

"About?" Brows knit together. He wants to tell me something? It was creepy. Because his face has a small smile but his eyes hold fear and grip tighten in her hand. "Di—Did I do something?" Oh my god did he find out I unintentionally slam him for not being a New York graduate like me? "Look I apologise, I di—"

Rohan's face is alarming just like his voice. "Why are you apologising? Did you do something?" Because Siya doesn't apologise so quickly unless if she's guilty and regretful and ashamed. "What did you do now?"

She withdraws her hand from him and nibs on her lip. "I insulted you—" his mouth turns into an offending and cruel line. "—unintentionally. I did not mean it. Not at all. Uh-huh." Her bottom teeth chatters her upper to sound serious but it makes her look rather funny.

"And may I know how?" He's being formal with her. She notices.

Clearing her throat and touching it as if preparing herself to sing high notes Siya says, "Your Ma has horrible—the most pathetic—taste in friends. Her friend's circle is shit—" Rohan's mouth is shut firmly in disagreement. "—they're a bunch of old gossiping ladies."

"Ma gossips too." Does that mean she feels the same for Ma?

"I'm not talking about your mother but those ladies and their two daughter-in-law's were witches," He's not witnessed her being so vicious with her judgement on others. "They were looking down at me like I'm some dirt. First day in your house and I get treated like a mop. And your Ma didn't even say anything to support me. So I lost it and said whatever popped in my head—" her voice turns gentle because she was sorry.