73 - 'The Talk'

Started Typing On – 05/04/2020

Chapter 73- 'The Talk'

The following week after Rohan had returned back home Mr Joshi had asked for his date of birth to see if their star signs matched. It irked her when he asked for all this because she was right there when he spoke on the phone with Rohan's mother.

"This is so stupid," She had said to her brother who was seated beside her. He gave her a raised eyebrow, "first you guys say you like him and act as if we're getting married for sure and now you're asking for his Kundali. What if it doesn't match? Then all this is over? Really? This is utterly stup—" (Astrology Birth Chart) her brother gave her a look which demanded her to finish her sentence.

"Nobody in our family has done a love marriage, you are, we're okay with it so please compromise with us, too." Viren sternly said finishing the conversations right there.

He's not a die-heart believer of this too but anything for his sister's future life.

Their birth charts had determined they'll have a successful marriage which was a delight for her parents who were in awe—her brother didn't really care as long as their parents were satisfied and result was positive for Siya's wellbeing—and Siya, as much as she hates to admit, she's satisfied with the it too.

Thirty six out of thirty six. She got only twenty with Raghav out of thirty six matches.

Her brother and father left to visit Rohan's house the next week and met Ridhi who seemed like a promising women to her father. Viren had something else to say though when he returned, "The old women doesn't stop talking. God, I won't be surprised if you go deaf in a year or two, Choti." (Little One) Viren exaggerate with a dramatic hand gesture.

He was so happy and over the moon seeing his sister finally getting married—and this time to someone she very much likes or even loves—but his concerns made sense. He doesn't dislike Ridhi, she's a typical mother-in-law to be but for the sake of his sister he decided to give her some warnings beforehand.

He's heard numerous stories about mother-in-law's being harsh and unkind to their daughter-in-law's. Viren didn't want his sister falling in that same category.

"But talking is good," Their mother had said from the kitchen. Siya doesn't say anything. She pretends she hasn't heard anything.

"But she's beyond explanation Ma." Viren says stuffing a roti in his mouth with curry. "She's the demanding kind of witch—OWW!" He chewed onto his tongue when Siya pinches his rib. He moves back with pained expressions and started rubbing it.

"Don't call my mother-in-law a witch." Siya says punching his arm playfully.

"That hurt." He whisper yells making both the ladies laugh. "She's so demanding. She wouldn't let me go until asking for my bio-data. She was curious why I wasn't married or gifted my parents a grandchild. I mean, what the hell? I'm not married so it's obvious I wouldn't be a father." He rumbles leaning back on the small counter. "That women isn't going to stop hanging around you like a big fat fly until you've handed her some couple of grandchildren's."

Siya's face grows hot and tiny. If the earth could swallow her she'll forever be grateful to it. She hits her brother with a spoon and jabs it into his ribs—their mother laughing while making roti's—and tells him to shut up. "You're becoming too friendly now brother." She warns, her hands fisted and her knuckles on her hips.

He squints his eyes at her, offended of course. "I'm just warning you. Might as well get the work started and done over wi—"

"Shut up, Viren. Now it's too much." Their mother flatly says threatening him with her eyes. He shuts up but not before mouthing 'I warned you,' and walks out the kitchen.