Derek's flashback

Okay here's Derek's POV on everything

Flashback

Derek's POV

Finally my favorite part of the day! Getting to see my little fox boy. I know it's a bit odd since I'm in middle school but it's not that bad...I'm 12 and mom says sometimes mates are of all ages. I walked into the clinic to see mischief looking bored and slightly upset "Hey mischief." I smiled at him but he looked at me with sympathy. I know he's powerful mom talks about him often... his scent is off but I can tell it's the emotion since it's practically written on his face, though otherwise he smelt of salt water and lavender..hmm he probably knows more about me then I know myself schools just really har- "Why are you stressed wolfie?" He gave a little laugh.

"How did you?" He flashed his eyes and shook his head. Damn I was just thinking that and I still asked I'm dumb but I can't help it I get distracted by his cuteness... yeah no that probably isn't right I mean he's only like what..9? Whatever "Wanna play a game of tag?" I asked and he nodded excitedly getting up and immediately tagging me and running off "ugh why?" I rolled my eyes he just laughed so I chased after him I slowed down.

And caught sight of him sitting under a tree and looking around for me so I ran right past him and watched him sit there so I walked silently over to where he was at "Got ya." I whispered then shoved him to the ground and smiled "The fastest doesn't always win." I said but my smile faded when I heard a familiar whistle it was my mom so we ran back to her "How are you doing mischief?" She asked him he looked confused but I got why I mean my mom stopped coming in to get me after a while "Good." He said I shoved him a little with my elbow and he offered a small smile.

"Now..Now young man stop playing with your boyfriend and let's go." She looked at me in a way that said I'd probably be in trouble but I didn't care she grabbed my hand and walked off but before she got to the door I yanked my arm away and went back to hug the little fox it was nice to feel that he hugged back "Hey what's a boyfriend?" He whispered and I could feel my face heat up for a moment before replying with "It's something..someone special but not as special as your mate." I let go before he could ask another question then waved at him walking out the door

"Derek what did I tell you?" My mom looked at me with worried eyes "Don't talk to anyone yet..since Paige." I sighed looking out the window it wasn't my fault if anything it was Peters..maybe it wasn't
"He's like us mom you said it yourself he's even more powerful than us..so what's wrong with it?" I asked my question was good but she always had a better answer "Derek he's 9 and I'm scared for you we don't know what could happen." She looked at me quickly before looking back at the road "Mom he's the kindest soul on the planet why would you even say that?" I looked at her she's been talking about how me and the fox were way too dangerous to be together "Derek it's because he's.."

End of flashback

I gasped for air and opened my eyes looking around. I smelt the familiar scent of salt water and lavender it was faint but there "Hey what's that lavender smell?" I asked looking at the pack most of them looked confused but Lydia spoke up "Oh I think that's Stiles' scent from what the wolves have been talking about." She smiled at me and I nodded only just now realizing that Stiles was gone "Where is he anyway?" I asked looking at Lydia I feel like I can trust her to tell me the truth..for the most part "He ran off didn't feel well I guess he probably went home." She sighed looking at me and I nodded guess we're going straight home

"Okay let's head home." I looked at all of them and they nodded..they're not telling me something. I would've gotten a protest from Liam at least...probably about food that kid is always hungry. I started walking out of the room and over to my car. I got in and drove off they can all fit in their own cars..I think.

Once I got to the house I ran up the stairs went into my room and quickly striped off my clothes and got into bed but it didn't exactly feel right. For some reason no matter how many times I tossed and turned it's like it could never be fixed and on the inside it really felt like I was missing something important. I tried ignoring the feeling and I got up to turn off the lights then got back in bed however that didn't fix anything so again I got up grabbed the clothes on the floor and shoved them into my basket then finally I laid back down and just closed my eyes cleared my mind...I might've even put on a guided relaxation thing to clear my mind but it's definitely working since my eyes started to get droopy I decided to let them closed and after that I drifted off into sleep.