Sorry Mr Brooklyn

I'm going to make Scarlet a couple years younger than the boys but make her any age you like!⚠

Jack's age: 11

Scarlet's age: 7

You can work out the rest of the ages from there 😂

"I'm not chicken!"

It was late afternoon in the bunk room. Everyone was relaxing from their tiring day and a couple of the younger kids started playing dares.

"Then why won't you go?" Romeo teased his best friend. Some of the kids started to laugh at how annoyed Scarlet was. Her face gave a stare and she went on her tip toes "Because Jack wont let me. Why won't you go?"

"I wasn't dared"

"Jackkk! Romeo is annoying meeeee!" Scarlet walked over to Jack who was next to his best friend Crutchie. They were on the bunk chatting about their selling techniques. "What about?"

"Welllll. We're playing dares and Romeo said to dare me to Brooklyn-"

"You're not going to Brooklyn!"

"But it's a dareeeeee" Scarlet explained "Also he said it was a king dare and I can't back down. Especially as it was a Brooklyn king mighty high deluxe triple hard lock dare."

"Do you know what they do to intruders their?" Racetrack spoke up joining the conversation. He went behind Scarlet "I heard from Smalls, who heard from someone in Queens, who's friend said, that once they found a intruder and they fed them to the sharks!"

"That's a lie!" Scarlet scrunched her face after he shook her.

"It's not!"

Race and Jack argued. Jack saying there wasn't sharks there and he was just trying to scare the little ones. Race saying it was all true

As they argued Romeo went over to Scarlet and laughed making chicken noises.

"Oh I'll show you, lover boy"

---

As everyone fell asleep, well the younger ones, Scarlet was still wide awake. She had to be. She even snuck herself a coffee that a older kids had, which tasted horrible, to stay up.

After waiting an hour Scarlet climbed down the bunk she shared with Romeo. She stuck her tounge at her before going to the window. It was a bit hard at first, trying now to wake everyone up, but she manged to do it.

"I'll show you all" She wisbeard before going outside.

How bad could this be?

----

It was surprising how Scarlet remembered where everything was. She got a bit scared as she went down some streets but she was fine after a while. Jack taught her how to remember where she was with signs and cool posters.

That's when it became dark though.

She crossed the Brooklyn bridge with her head held high. Knowing she was going to win the game against Romeo. With this in mind she began humming carrying the banner. A song the newsies sang.

She managed to reach the end of the bridge and the stars were shining bright.

"Now I need proof"  She wasn't scared if they were going to feed her to sharks. She knew it was not true because Jack said so and he was always right in her eyes.

"Maybe down here" She began walking down the streets of Brooklyn smiling along her way. Though it was pitch black now and the only thing that led her way was the street lamps. Scarlet kept humming the 'Carrying the Banner' song for comfort.