Newsies Summer Games pt3

"You got this" Jack patted Finch on the back as he was first up for the event. He was probably the best, and only, slingshot shooter in Manhattan. He had been practicing for weeks on end for today.

"I'm kinds nervous" He muttered as he went in front of everyone.

"Don't be" Jack pointed in front of him "Just keep ya eyes on the target. You'll be fine"

"Everyone stand by!!"

Jack had to move away for the kids in the event. Finch was at the end next to a Brooklyn newsie, Hawk Eye, he knew he was a really good at this and had a good eye , hence the name.

First up was Woods from Queens.

Queens and Brooklyn were the boroughs who had majority of slingshot as weapons. So they had quite a lot of people to pick from and probably had the best.

The blonde hair boy placed a marble in his slingshot and looked at the target. There was three bottles (which were 5 points each) and he was given three chances to win them.

BTW I won't give details on everyone on the events because we'll be here all day 😂

Squinting his eye he pulled back the elastic and shot at the bottle.

SMASH

Then like a flash

SMASH

SMASH

He finished the last two bottles without stopping. This got Finch nervous.

Staten Island was next and they achieved one bottle, Bronx two, Brooklyn got all three (which was no surprise) and now was Finch's turn.

"Go on Finch!" Race shouted just like the other newsies shouted for their borough.

"You got this" Finch mutter as his hands shook.

He looked at the aim and tried to focus "At least get one" he thought.

The first shot went. 

"Miss!"

"Shoot" Finch muttered reaching for another marble. He laughed at the pun he made but now needed to focus. Listen to what Jack said just focus on the target.

Not listening to the shouts or any newies he stared at the bottles. He pulled his arm back and stuck his tounge out. He then let out and he heard a nosie.

SMASH

"YES!!!"

Finch, having more confidence now, smiled and took another marble out. "Just one more"

With another squint in the eye and tounge poking out he let go. It was like slow motion until he heard the amazing nosie.

SMASH!

"YESSSSS!" Manhattan cried out for their fellow newsie. Elmer and Tommy Boy running up and hugging him.

The rest of the newsies felt alright as well (Staten Island a bit disappointed but they had all day remember).

Next was arm wrestling.

"Jack maybe I should swap-"

"Nope" Jack told Crutchie.

Crutchie had his doubts about doing the event. He felt like everyone would laugh at him and make fun off him. Though he did practice by lifting some weights (which were bricks/boxes) and did arm wrestles with Jack and the guys.

"Also if anyone says anything we'll beat them up" Scarlet spoke and Jack ruffled her hair.

"Like she said" He smiled to his best friend "Now you're nearly up"