Stranger Danger

Romeo is like 11
Jack is like 13
Make Scarlet  (oc) any age

Make up the rest of the newsies ages 😂

Triggers: kidnapping, talking about serious topics
■■■■■■

Scarlet and Romeo had been selling papes for hours until their hands were numb and arms ached. They actually were looking forward to bed for once instead of fighting the older kids to stay up.

As they were younger they still needed an older newsie to guide them. Specs was that kid, though only  slightly older, but for a newsie he was able to look after them.

Though today Specs was called to help Crutchie. The two younger newsies were told to stay where they were until their shift was over. When Bear (an much older newsie) would take them home.

"I want sweets" Romeo chimmed as they sat down waiting. Scarlet agreed and suggested a good sleep would be nice as well.

Soon it got a little darker but the newsie was not late. The little ones continued to wait to be picked up. This is when a man came up to them "Hello"

"Hello" they both said to him. The man asked if they were lost "Oh no, sir. Our friend is picking us up" Romeo said.

"Oh I see. Does your friend live around here?" The man asked. He fixed his hat against his brown hair. Scarlet shook his head "No we're newsies. We live at the lodge"

"Well, that's far away isn't it?" The man crouched down to them. He began to have small talk with the two children. They began laughing at his funny faces and they smiled when he held a sweetie.

"Do you get sweets?" The man asked. The two newsies said that they never had enough for sweets and it was only for special occasions "Well next time you can come with me. I have lots of them"

"Really?" Scarlet smiled "Do you have lollipops?" The man nodded as he began saying he owend a sweet shop. Romeo then asked about bringing his other friends. The man only shook his head "Only you two. So you can chose as much as you want"

"Do you work on this street?"

The two newsies nodded as the man said he will meet them again. This is when Bear began making his way through the street. He slightly hurried as he notcied the man.  The man stood up and said "Don't tell anyone. It's our secret sweets" He put his hand on his lips. The children copied and the man was gone when Bear arrived.

"Who was that?" He stared at the guy concerned

"Emm...a customer " Scarlet smiled and held Bear's hand "I'm tired let's go home"

----------------

The next couple of times the man came back. He only had a quick chat and laugh with them as they were accompanied by Specs. Romeo would ask for sweets which the man replied with "Only when your friend is gone"

So one day they made a plan to get Specs to go the other way. Romeo had gone off, saying he was thirsty, as Scarlet talked to Specs as they selled papers. Romeo then smirked from around the corner before saying "You got this" Just then he began running and shouting "Specs! Specs!"

Specs looked confused at the shouting newsie. Romeo panted before saying "Jack...Jack needs help at the lodge...Race told me to get you" Specs nodded before giving his papers to Scarlet "Ok...em..you two stay here. Dont leave this stop!" With that Specs ran to the lodge as Romeo and Scarlet high-fived.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Specs was red in the face when he got back. He stumbled into the lodge as the day was turning darker. He was surprised to see all the newsies laughing - Jack being one of them.