The Newsies Summer Games Pt 1

Once a year in the middle of the summer the five boroughs of New York come together. On this day they would do a number of events to see who would win.

Weeks before they would train and work out who would be doing what event. Brooklyn mostly trained.

The thing was Brooklyn mostly won. Now and again I was Bronx, Queens or Staten Isalnd. But for Manhattan....it was very rare.

"We won't win!" Race called from the crowd of Manhattan newsies "We never win!"

Everyone agreed. It was three weeks before the event and Jack called a meeting to see who wants to do what. "Guys we can't back out" Jack tried to put sense into their head "If we do we'll never here the end of it"

"We never here the end of it if we loose" Albert called out.

"But this year we have Davey and Les" Jack pointed to the two boys next to him. "So this year we can out a kid forward for the little events-"

"I'm not little!"

"And Davey here has brains-"

"You saying we ain't got no brains Kelly?" Scarlet spoke out sarcasticly making everyone laugh.

"Anyway, we just gotta try. Also this year I'm deciding we don't choose the events we want to do but the ones we're best at"

"That makes sense" They all slightly nodded though not fully in the mood.

"Also remember!" Crutchie turned to remind Jack with a smile "The big hide and seek game!"

This got everyone's attention. One of the finale events was a big hide and seek game. There would one person from each borough to be the seekers. They would all seek as a group so there wasn't a chance of cheating. Then everyone would hide around Manhattan. It was Manhattan because they always held the games in central park and it was easier to just play it there. To make sure they were out the seekers would call on them and then they would out a red cross on their hand. They would then go back to central park.

Who ever won got 50 points for their team.

"Well the hide and seek is fun" Specs spoke out and they all nodded. They all then turned to Jack who gave a smirk "So you in?"

"Sure"

"Why not?"

"You're gonna make us anyway"

"Ok good" Jack clapped his hands and stood up "I've been thinking about this the past week and I have a plan for the events-"

"What are the events?" Les asked putting his hand up. It was funny seeing this because he usually did this at school. Which the newsies Lodging House was definitely not!

"Well there is...."

- Arm wrestles

-Wrestles (leaders)

- Races (leaders and newsies) .

-This really funny game were the 5 newsies have to dress up the leader

-Best flips (kinda dance off)

-slingshot shooting

-General Knowledge thing idk

- Make Spot laugh

"Just kidding" Jack laughed at the last bit "The last bit is a treasure hunt thing"

"May I say dressing up the leader is my favourite game" Romeo laughed and everyone laughed. Last year they got all of these old clothes from Meddas costume box (they had to share the stuff though because it wouldn't be fair). But in conclusion they had Jack in this funny bright orange suit, puffy hair and with clown make up.