On the roof

R E A D   T H I S

Ok..so back in the day I had a notebook on my phone will ALL my newsie fanfics (i didn't publish any). One day I deleted it and idk why. But regreted it. So I'm bringing some back to life.

(One was the Halloween one)

But I had ones for Jack's littler sister.

An orphan the newsies help.

A baby thet find.

Every fanfic I made the girl was called Scarlet 😂😂 so i need to make up some new names. So here's one of the stories.

Scarlet laughed as she rushed around the lodge. Climbing over boxes and newsies sliding across the wooden floor. This was all happening while Albert and Racetrack were chasing her. "Give me back my cigars!"

This all started when Racetrack was smoking in the bunk room. Scarlet didn't like the smell and asked him to stop...which he did not.

As she rushed down stairs she bumped into Jack. He only raised an eyebrow to the girl and crossed his arms "What are you doing?"

Racetrack and Albert started catchinf up after the stop. If Scarlet didn't passed Jack in time they would have caught her. Holding the cigar packet tightly she said "Running!" She started her moving again.

It was after 10 minutes of hiding, jumping and running Scarlet was climbing upwards to the roof. She looked down at the stair case and the two newsies called after her.

She passed some other newsies and Crutchie called out "If you're going to the roof be careful"

Just two weeks ago Elmer was getting some painta for Jack. But he was messing around with Romeo and nearly tripped over the ledge. The newsies had a talk from Jack about it.

After climbing the stairs, she opened a door to a couple more , before opening the door to the roof. Scarlet laughed as she waited for the other two newsies.

"You stay right there!" Race pointed as he panted he was trying to reach for the cigars. Scarlet laughed as she waved them in her hands. This carried on for a couple more minutes until Jack came up.

Scarlet was now stepping along the edge of the rooftop. She giggled as Racetrack was fetting frustrated.

"Scarlet get down from there!!" Jack shouted as his eyes looked how close her feet was to the edge. He walked over to Race and Albert who had given up on the younger newsies games. 

She giggled as her hands were placed on her hips "Don't worry Jack it's all good" She turned around, now very close , which Jack cringed at. He tried bringing her over but she knew Race would snap the packet from her.

"Look" she smiled puttin on foot off the ground. But at this point her hads waved about and didn't have anything to hold. She turned on her foot and was wobbling. Placing to feet on the ground didn't help either. Wobbling continued and she was falling back.

Scarlet let out a scream before she felt  Jack's strong arm grab onto her. Her heart pounded and Jack snatched the cigars off her hands "What did I tell you?!!"

"Sorry Jack..."

Racetrack got his cigars back but Jack gave him a stare as well "You two are not off the hook either"

Jack pulled Scarlet tightly by the arm amd went down stairs. He loosened when she winced in pain after a minute. He took her to a cupboard "Stay here for 10 minutes"

"I didn't mean to fall-"

"20!"

Scarlet's mouth opened "But Race-"

"30!"

"Jackk!"

"40 minutes and you're not going on the trip to Brooklyn"

"THIS IS SO UNFAIR"
Scarlet slammed the door and she heard Jack round the number to an hour. She hugged her knees and sniffled.

Compared to other leaders Jack wasn't harsh, in fact he was too kind and loose on rules. Always finding better ways to teach them a lesson.

Though at times (especially the younger ones) he would use the cupboard for them to calm down or make them wait for punishment.

"At least I'm not in Queens" She thought of a Queens newsie with a bruise on his eye.

---

Scarlet waited and waited.

She heard Jack shout at the two boys. This caused for some entertainment.

Some newsies tried to talk go her but Jack caused them to leave quickly. The longesy conversation was with Specs lasting about 15 minutes.

After some more tears Scarlet felt the light from the hall way and Jack told her to go into an empty room.

Scarlet faces was facing the floor when Jack started to speak.
"How stupid can you be!?"

"Sorry Jack"

"After I told you" He waved his hands. He then went on about a speech about how to be responsible. Scarelt mumbled a lot and gave up.

"I get it! Can I go now?!"

Jack crossed his arms. He then jerked his head "You will be cleaning dishes for 2 weeks, Albert and Race aren't gonna smoke for a week"

"That's not fair!"

"Who was being stupid on the roof?"

Scarelt stormed out of the room.

----

"I'm Jack Kelly, look how good I am" Scarlet mumbled cleaning some dishes. She complained to Jack to any newsie who was around and refused to speak to Race and Albert.

"Have you learnt your lesson?" Jack stood at the door way. He had a smirk but maybe because Scarlet had some hatred in her eyes.

"I hate you"

"No you don't "

"You're right " she laughed "I really hate you"

I might do a book filled with mini Scarlet stories. Dw it'll be on here. But the main stories about Scarlet will be on the other one as well. Like copies :)