Halloween (1899) 🎃

Near the end is rushed because i wanted it out today 🎃

Might add later

It was Halloween night in the Lodging House.  It was pitch black and the moon was out. It was a perfect scene for that night. The newsies were all in the main room with candles, in a semi circle as they listened to Finch tell his story.

"He took a step. Then another. His breath got heavier reaching for the door"

Scarlet was really into the story. She sat on a chair one leg on the other off. Her chin on her knee. She never really experienced Halloween and it was exciting.

"But he could still hear the dripping. Drip. Drip" Finch kept on with his story. Looking around some of the boys were scared, others nodding along and some not finding it one bit scary.

"Then he reached for the handle"

Scarlet looked at Finch as he spoke.
He looked at someome and nodded. Scarlet didn't understand that part but kept listening to the story. She put both of her legs down.

"He opened the door" Finch spoke. He had a candle under his face. This caused a creepy affect throughout the story telling.

"And..."

He looked around.

"And..."

"And what?" Romeo asked.

Finch smirked.

"THE DEAD NUN WAS STANDING THERE!"

Scarlet then felt a pair of hands grab her ankles and she screamed.

"AHHH!" 

She stood up quickly. Turning around to see a laughing Racetrack on the floor. He banged his fists on yhe floor on how funny it was. The boys laughing around her.

"That's not funny!" She crossed her arms. Still panting.

"It was a bit" Albert laughed "Was little Scarlet scared of the story?"

"I was not! He grabbed me!" She pointed at the laughing Race on the floor.

"Sweets it was only a prank"

"Shut it you" She went on the conch next to Jack and Crutchie. The boys still made funny remarks towards her. Jack put an arm around her "Yeah. Race. How could you do that?"

"It was your idea!"

"Jack!" Scarlet was offended by this. She pushed away from him "How could you?"

"It was a perfect opportunity" Jack laughed hugging her as she pouted. This caused the boys to go into a talkative mood, as there was still more events to come.

Soon Davey and Les came around, Les dressing up as a Vampire. They all found it very cute and thought when they use to dress up. Jack usually a Cowboy, Racetrack a pirate, Albert a Zombie, Crutchie a ghost. The list could go on.

But at the moment, the newsies had a special tradition they wanted the jacob brothers to take part in.

"Wait, explain again?" Davey asked the group of boys. He sat next to Jack on the couch, slightly hugging Scarlet as she explained why she was upset. She thanked him for this.

Crutchie explained "On Halloween one of us tells a scary story. But not just any kind. Their goal is to really scare us, it's usually outside. Think of it as a scary tour"

"Yeah. Last Year it was Race" Jojo spoke out "He took us to this place they were they used to hang pirates"

"They couldn't sleep for weeks" Race laughed smoking his cigar.