The Newsies Summer Games pt2

The newsies trained as much as they could for their events. Jack and Crutchie doing arm wrestles, Scarlet and Race running together, Tommy and Romeo doing flips. You name it.

But soon the big day finally came and the boroughs would meet in Central Park.

Manhattan was first, obviously, but soon followed Bronx as the were Manhattan's neighbours. "THE BRONX!" Their leader shouted as they arrived with cheering newsies. She was a red head and was called Flame. No one knew if it was because of her temper or her hair she got that name.

"Nice seeing ya Flame" Jack and her spat and shook hands. She smirked before saying "Ready to loose again Mr Kelly?"

"Actually we have two new newsies. And I'm sure we'll win this year" Flame took a look at Davey and Les. She smirked before saying "Well good luck to ya all. Now excuse me so I can speak with mine. I wanna make sure they don't start a fight like last year"

With the the young girl turned on her heels and made her way back with her newsies. They were more spread out now and most were talking to Manhattan kids.

"Who's that?" Les spoke out in awe.

"Les you don't say that it's she" Davey then turned "But yeah who is she?"

Jack laughed and put an arm around Davey. "That my Friend is Flame. Don't worry all of us fancied her growing up. She was the first goil newsie"

"She can take my heart any day" Racetrack jokingly spoke. With a roll of eyes from Jack he could see and hear the next group coming forward. 

"QUEENS!"

"Leoooo" Jack laughed as he walked over and shook hands. The boy laughed and shook hands as well "Jackie. Long time, no see"

Queens was none to have a charm and good looks. So Leo could easily make a girls heart flutter.

"You know these guys" Jack nudged his head towards his newsies "I need to be their 24 hours a day. They're dead without me"

"He's like our dad" Les went to Jack and Leo. The young boy looked up with amazement. He never seen the other newsie boroughs yet. Leo laughed and ruffled the boys hair "Who ya got Kelly? Newbie?"

"Kinda. Met at the strike. You know Davey? His brother Les"

"Ah I see. Well Les you might wanna join our team with you wanna win"
Leo joked but Jack rolled his eyes are him.

"BROOKLYN'S HERE!!!!"

Albert shouted and everyone turned to see them.

Brooklyn in there signature red shirts (with no sleeves) could be seen making its way towards the other newsies. Their leader, Spot Conlon, had a huge smirk on his face.
"Ready for Brooklyn to win...again"

"Shut it, Conlon" Flame spoke "Bronx will win. You know it"

"I think you're forgetting Queens" Leo made his newsies cheer.

"True. Shame Manhattan has no chance" Spot and the other two leaders laughed. Jack huffed then spoke "Ha ha very funny"

Davey put his hand up "If I could ask. What do we win?"

"Glory" Spot spoke "Well that and who ever wins gets a free day and the other boroughs sells that full boroughs papers. Also. For the leaders who ever looses they need to dress up in those crazy outfits we do for the competition...in public" 

"I think Kelly secretly likes it"

"Shut it" Jack glared at Flame as everyone decided to laugh.