distances

// in which lisa falls in-love with her bestfriend, jennie //

____________________________________

being just a friend to someone you really love hurts, like hell. i mean, what can i do, i'm just a friend, a shoulder to cry on, a supporter, just a friend.

it actually didn't started with a cliché meeting. but with an attraction, but not to her.

i'm basically attracted with a friend of hers, chaeyoung. she's really pretty and everyone would be head over heels for her the first time they'll meet her.

when i had the chance to tell chaeyoung what i really feels, well, it kind of punctured my heart like a needle, she rejected me. she told me she is straight but we can stay as friends.

that's the time when she entered my life, we bumped into each other when i was walking down the hallway of their classroom. i want to talk to chaeyoung at that time, but jennie told me that she went out with someone.

"hey, lisa right? someone actually has a crush on you in our class", she gossiped at me.

"what? really?", i was actually surprised about what she said, i mean, i'm not pretty, and not straight.

the night when that happened, i messaged her about what she said earlier. our conversation went not just about the "there's someone who likes you here" topic and we talked about other matter.

our schmoozing went into an habitual situation. we talked about every silliness we could think of.

until one day, i was in my class, we're preparing our classroom for a special event, we're talking to each other through chat while i'm working on the task i'm assigned to do.

she told me to stay, she asked me why people are so unfair and why do everyone leave, she said that she don't know what to do anymore, she said many things but what stunned me was that she said that she loves me.

i talked to her personally after that, i offered her my support and i assured her that i will stay whatever may happen. she hugged me and kissed me on the cheek and she told my that i'm the best.

i can't sleep that night, she hovered my mind and it caused me to be late to class the day after.

we were so close, we're almost inseparable. in spite of the difference of schedule, classes and time from each other, i managed to put her in top of my priorities.

i realized that i'm falling for her when one of my classmates told me that being in someone's priorities means that he deeply cares for you.

i thought again that night about what i truly feels for her, jennie's face went into my head while my mind was conceiving.

the realization that i'm in love with my bestfriend hit me when i saw a guy talking to her that time when i went to their classroom to meet her. they were laughing and her giggles hurt me, as if those are swords piercing my heart. that should be me making you laugh.

i excused myself through chat when i saw them together. i told her that i need to go somewhere but i'm actually there, watching her being happy, with someone else that's not me.