to next years with you...

// in which jennie and lisa are married. and jennie decided to have a simple dinner with her wife at their own home as a they welcome another year. //

  ____________________________________

jennie scuffled around the kitchen as she again deliriously take a taste test on the pasta sauce on the stove. a few chopping here, tasting the right flavor there, and some garnishing at the other end of the big kitchen island infront of her made up her almost whole afternoon.

she wiped her hand on the apron she was wearing for countless times this whole time, leaving a new patch of stain on the already dirty-white cloth. jennie managed to cook the sauce for the main course while preparing the ingredients needed for the dessert. what a great cook she is!

she will be making a simple yet captivating crème brûlée for the supposedly last dish for the night. it is the last day of the year and it will be  the new year's day just a few hours to go.

and even though she just planned a dinner with her wife, lisa. she wants it to be perfect and romantic for the both of them.

they have been married for good five years. and jennie, at 29, couldn't be more thankful for having a very caring, and responsible wife that loves her to death. she doesn't want to exaggerate, but her wife couldn't live without jennie by her side. her clingy ass won't really leave jennie 24/7 if she doesn't have work.

"jennie..." shivers ran through jennie's back as she heard the familiar voice call for her. she quickly reached the handkerchief from her back pocket and wiped her bare face with it, she couldn't help but to be conscious about what her face would look like infront of her wife.

she turned around with a grin. her wife is leaning against the massive kitchen doorframe, and looking at her with an affectionate gaze. her doe eyes boring holes on her.

"why do you look at me like that?" jennie asks lisa, her eyes are still on the smaller woman. jennie reached for the blow torch that was placed on the shelf below the kitchen island before lisa can answer her.

"you just look beautiful. i don't think i could ever leave you" jennie's brows are furrowed and her forehead is creased as she stood up and meet the thai woman's gaze.

"you don't need to, either" jennie twists the knob to open the blowtorch and to let fire escape from the cylinder. lisa intimately looked at jennie as her wife prepare the dessert, the sugar on the small bowls where two serving of crème brûlée are situated glistened as the hot flame are blasted on it. but no matter how shiny the sugar in it, she can't help but to look at jennie with the same spark, if not more, than that of the dish.

"aren't you gonna change clothes? i'm almost done here and i will prep myself next" jennie placed the remaining dish on the heating rack before wiping her hand on the apron she's wearing one last time.

"jennie.." the way lisa looked at jennie changed as she called for her name. when jennie looked back at her to meet her sullen gaze, she knew jennie understood what she meant.

the brunette looked down at her feet for some moments before looking back up to lisa with a big smile, not minding the emotion building up inside her. "okay, baby. i mean, you still look great, you don't need to change" lisa give jennie a small smile before straightening her stance and went to the living room.

jennie understood it. and she must admit, lisa still looks good on what she's wearing. others might get tired of it but she won't. lisa looks good on a simple sweater and a pair of jeans that complimented her long legs. and even though she can see how lisa would not step out of her leather boots as she roam around the different areas of their house, jennie wouldn't care less. atleast she is here. atleast, lisa won't leave her.