love fever

// how are you to know that only a fever can make two people confess their love for each other //

_____________________________________

"oh my god", jennie jumped out of her bed in exclamation. her eyes still glued on her phone, she reached for her closet, trying to get something nice to wear outside.well, not literally outside.

she hopped on a pair of joggers and hurriedly changed her top to a sweatshirt. she almost tripped on her own feet as she put on her sneakers. she squeezed out her way out of her dorm room and in a flash, she ran her path to lisa's apartment.

lisa just texted her. just texted her, but it looks like she is trying to take over the speed of light. lisa texted her, i need you asap, that exact four words made jennie wear something and stand at lisa's room in a split-second.

as the door infront of her creaked open, she swore she heard lisa let out a croaky groan. she made her way to lisa's bedroom. she almost, dived to the floor, when she sees lisa, lying in there, trying her best to put on a effort to stand up.

"geez", jennie tuts when she held lisa head. she might have bring her hand back to herself when she felt the heat surging through lisa's throat.

she never knew she can have lisa's talent (where she can lift any of her members up in anytime she wants), but it allowed her to elevate lisa into her bed.

lisa's whole body is convulsing in heat and jennie panicked as she doesn't know what to do. her mouth letting out audible many 'oh my god' in a loop.

she pulled the drawers on lisa's bedside table, rummaging through certain things as she look for a thermometer. she failed her lisa's left bedside table, so she hopped on the right one. she let out an indistuingishable sound when her hand met the thing she's looking for.

the thing is still sealed, (she doesn't even know if she can really find a thermometer in a bedside table, at first). she ripped the packaging open, she cursed when she dropped the thing. good thing, it fell on the bed and beside lisa's arm.

lisa is still aware of her surroundings but the feeling in her is overtaking her senses. jennie shoved the thing on lisa's mouth, not minding the direction on the package.

lisa, on the other hand, puked it out. she let out little and scratchy laugh. and here's the time jennie read the instructions. the thermometer should be put on someone's underarm. she almost face-palmed herself in stupidity, you can't blame her though, she's really, as in, really panicking.

"wait a minute", while lisa is still stiff with the thermometer on her underarm, jennie went to the kitchen. she fetched a bowl of warm water and came back to lisa's bedroom with a towel on her forearm.

jennie held lisa's body again, the heat is still radiating and lisa is shaking. jennie soaked the towel into the water. she squeezed the excess water from it before running it to lisa's hot arm. lisa's body is limp, but she managed to look at jennie who is focusing on what she is doing.

jennie is full of concern and all, but she's still beautiful, nonetheless. lisa can't help but to smile, falling for her is really worth it. how i wish i could tell her that, she thought.

to her surprise, jennie suddenly looked at her, feline eyes met the doe eyes. confusion hit jennie and she just looked at lisa. the other girl just looks at her with pure adoration.

"what?", jennie uttered. she didn't noticed she has stopped what she is doing. and she looks at her lisa. of course, her lisa. nobody could make her do this except the sick girl. she wouldn't want to do anything for other people if it is not her lisa.

she unconsciously tucked the loose strands of her hair into the back of her ear. there they are, just looking at each other. no one wants to break the intensity of stares. and jennie smiled. she smiled to her lisa, and lisa, who is still smiling to her, had her smile became wider even more, despite of her condition.

jennie looked away, her lips are still formed to a smile, she dipped the towel again. she squeezed the excess water again, but this time, she applied it to the girl's forehead. her bangs is blocking the warm skin, and so jennie set it back away from the skin. only her jennie can do that. nobody could ever touch her bangs except her jennie. this is a special treatment lisa has secretly let jennie do.

"you look ugly, stop smiling, could you?", jennie said in sarcasm. i mean, who wouldn't want to see a smiling lisa? of course, everyone loves to see that. what she said made lisa arch her eyebrows.

"am i excluded? you're also smiling, eh?", jennie slightly hit lisa's side. how can she still joke around even if she's sick?

jennie stood up from the bed, not minding lisa, she went back to the kitchen with the bowl on her hand. and there, she held her chest. the beat of her heart makes her rib hammer. how can she go back to lisa's room with this reaction?

she opened the fridge to get something to drink, her throat is drying up and lisa might notice it when she go back now. jennie knows the things in lisa's apartment, not jist because she is always there but also because she memorized it. lisa might need her help sometimes, and jennie wants to accomplish everything for lisa. this is one of those times.

she went back to lisa's room. to her suprise, lisa is still wide awake (and still smiling), rather than getting a rest and sleeping.

"thank you, jen", lisa sounded hoarse. but she didn't care. all she wants is to let jennie know her appreciation. jennie walked near her and sat on the bed. on of her leg is on the bed, as she looked at lisa.

"you should rest", jennie gently said. her voice is in a very calm tone. her hand made its way to lisa's hair, and she brushed it.

"thank you for this, you always take care of me, jen. i owe you big time", lisa reached for jennie's hand, caressing her palms in a circular motion.

"you don't owe me anything, lisa. i'm doing this because i love you", both of them was surprised about what jennie has said. but lisa was beyond surprised. she is astonished.

"you love me?", and lisa stupidly asked jennie about it. even jennie, can facepalm herself to what the other girl asked.

"of course, do you really need to be sick and all just for you to know that i love you?", jennie playfully replied. her tone sounds like she's about to get mad, but she was just teasing lisa.

"really?", lisa almost stood up from her lying position, if it weren't for jennie who assisted her to move back.

jennie filled the space beside lisa, the king-sized bed is enough for the two of them to fit. she laid beside lisa, the sick girl is adjusting for her, maintaining a distance between them.

"jennie..", lisa looked for jennie's eyes. the girl beside her is holding her cheeks. lisa can't put together the words she wants to say to jennie.

"you love me too? you want to say that?", and there's jennie, who told her the exact words she wants to say to her. "i know that, dumbass", jennie chuckled to lisa's cowardice.

"jennie, you're really really special. that's who are you to me, i love you so damn much", despite of the hoarse voice, lisa finally said it out loud, for jennie to hear.

"this isn't just a love fever?", jennie asked and when their eyes met, lisa shook her head continuously. she giggled to this.

"no, i love you everyday, not only today", jennie almost melted on what lisa said. even though, she's sick, her words can still make jennie fluster.

"i love you, too. not only today", jennie pulled lisa, who still has a warm body, and they share a hug. the smaller girl, snuggled closer to her, the heat between them is not the only thing which is shared. feelings, may it be spoken or not, adds up everytime. to each moment they share.

_____________________________________