joke's on me

// in which lisa is a popular girl in her school who likes to tease everyone. except for this one simple girl, jennie kim. //

  ____________________________________

"dude, you really won't stop teasing everyone? i mean, we're already in our senior year", bambam, my bestfriend, commented on me.

"that's the case, we're on our last year. so we should live it to the fullest", i tapped his shoulder as i confidently walked through the corridors of our building.

"lisa, lisa", i stopped walking when i heard my name being called by someone.

when i turned around, i saw a girl close to me with a cake on her hand. she's smiling at me, you would think that she has seen a superstar.

"it's actually my birthday, but i want to bake a cake for you. please accept this", she brought the cake closer to me. i looked around us, making sure that she's talking to me.

"is it my birthday?", i laughed because of what she said. does she think that i would accept this? i don't even like cakes.

"no, no. but i want to give this to you. it's like a gift for myself", i frowned in confusion. but the girl infront me just smiled wider. i don't even know her, does she really think that i'm gonna eat something from a stranger?

"okay, if that's what you want", i uttered flatly. her eyes shined brightly as she let me handle the cake.

i turned around from her without saying anything, with the cake in my hand. the other students have seen me receiving the cake, joke's on them, the poor cake will just go somewhere it should be.

i walked to the nearest corner, and in a stomp of my foot to open the lid, i threw the cake in the trash. i heard the students gasp and shock from them is evident.

i turned around to the direction of the girl who gave me the cake with a smirk in my face.

"uh, lisa, i baked that for you", sadness is written on her voice. her shoulders are also slumped, as if she lost on a competition.

"so? don't think that i would eat something that might poison me", i looked at her coldly. she look like she's about to cry.

"but, i made an effort to do that", she stuttered as she spoke. i rolled my eyes in annoyance, why would someone cry infront of me.

"then, you shouldn't have", my voice kinda raised. the girl is starting to get on my nerves. my time is being wasted because of her.

my heels turned to walk away from her. my cold stares are shooting to whoever is blocking my way.

i clenched my jaw when someone bumped into me. i looked down and i saw a familiar girl. she has her hands on her forehead, it probably hurt when she bumped.

even though she has her head hung down, i knew who she is. i felt my knees weaken because of her.

she slowly looked up to me, and our eyes met. her cat eyes never fail to make my insides somersault in rejoice.

"sorry, sorry, sorry" i heard her apologize a couple of times. the people around us seemed to murmur to themselves.

"oh my god! that girl is so doomed", a girl behind me spoke. i think she is referring to jennie.

of course, i know her. she is this simple girl who just happened to catch my attention. from that very first day i saw her, i swore to myself that i should know her, without getting close to her. well, i'm this naughty girl and i think she's this girl who doesn't want to be connected with people who have bad influences to her.