you ain't worth my love (if you only love to hate me)

//  lisa and jennie both have charms and wisdom for their positions. and that exactly is the reason for them to be workplace rivals. but for a project, they need to work together, what could go wrong, right? //

  ____________________________________

JENNIE

"are you serious, god, you know i can't be late today!", i guess, my not-checking-my-phone-the-first-thing-in-the-morning challenge is failed again today, and i'm actually kind of grateful i did that.

how can i sleep late when we have a scheduled meeting with the vice-president today?

and if it wasn't for chaeyoung's multiple calls, i wouldn't be awake right now.

"uhm, jen, time to get your ass up and run for a shower", chaeyoung reminded me from the other line. she is actually the sleepyhead between the two of us but maybe a girls-night-out can make you, somehow leaned away from the time.

"yes, chaengie, i'm grabbing my keys now", i can't find my time to even take a shower. so i just brushed my teeth and changed my clothes, as if my co-workers would notice my lack of shower.

i dropped the call and hurriedly get into my car. if i'm not scared of breaking the law, i might have speed up until the last bar of my speedometer.

i grabbed a cup of coffee from a nearby café before entering YG corporation. well, i think i'm not late, for the meeting at 9. but my shift starts at 8 and i got here at 8:45. nice, jennie, nice.

i made my way to the conference room where the meeting would take place. the moment i stepped into the room, my breath almost escaped out of my body because of how tight chaeyoung engulfed me into her arms.

"c-chae", i find it hard to even pat her so she would let go of me. don't you guys worry, she's just that cling of a woman.

"oh my god, jen! i thought the vice president would go here first before you. i don't want you to get in trouble", she bit her lip when she realized she said the words a little loud. and i heard a 'tsk' in the background. oh, how can i forget about that.

the girl who really likes to compete with me. who would want to lose to someone? of course, that ain't me. so may the best woman win the position of the head of the office.

i rolled my eyes when i saw her look at me. my eyes met but she immediately looked down on the papers she's reading. i sat down on the chair placed exactly in front of her, and also one of nearest chair from where the vice-president will sit later. i need to be near him so i can write all the details he will need.

"good morning everyone, let's start the meeting now?", i was reading the company papers when mr. yang suddenly pops out and spoke at the end of the table.

i didn't know the meeting would be this boring. new policies and schedules and things like that were mentioned by him. my interest increased when i heard that we will have a new project. as eager as i can be, i gave him my full attention.

"so, for this project. i would like to group by your capabilities", he smiled when he announced it. murmurs from my co-workers became evident.

"i thought it would be a nice idea to group you into two and compete for the most beautiful outcome", he continued what he was saying.

"but i heard about these two young ladies who are very competitive and would do anything to make everything possible", i looked down, because, omg the vice-president of the whole company is praising me- or us, i don't know.

i felt the eyes of my co-workers as they mention my name and the other one's name, lisa manoban.

"so, because of that. i've decided to group you guys into little groups with four members each except for this two", my eyes widened as i looked to mr. yang.