through the years

// in which lisa and jennie has been in-love with each other for as long as they can remember. fate has been giving them chances to be together, but the two seems to ignore it all because of one question: what if our friendship will be ruined? //
  ____________________________________

a distant sound of someone crying made lisa wander around. as she followed the sound of it, she noticed the shoe prints ahead of her. someone  has been in the shady part of the park. and by shady, not the one which is cozy and fun to stay on to, but the one the looks like a place from a horror movie.

the gigantic trees that have very long branches and seems to move and catch her are enough to make her run, but little lisa is brave and curious. as she proceed on locating the sound, it gets louder and louder. the cries doesn't sound like a monster, it's from a girl. a little girl like her.

little lisa stopped when she finally located where the cries are coming from. a girl, about her age is sitting under one of the massive trees, huddled on her feet. bloodstains on her knees are visible from lisa's distance.

she made her way near the girl and reached for her back pocket, she brought out a handkerchief and handed it to the girl infront of her.

when she felt that the girl isn't noticing her, she kneeled infront of her and gently placed the cloth on the girl's scraped knee. and she finally heard the girl flinched, as she looked on lisa.

"why are you crying?", little lisa asked the other girl. she has stopped crying but her sobs can still be heard.

"i can't walk. my knee hurts", the other girl replied. lisa smiled on her and helped her stand up. their small hands are clasped to each other.

"i'm lisa. i'll help you, so stop crying now", she smiled again on the other girl. she held the girl's hand and she placed it on her shoulder as she kneel down and tied her handkerchief on the girl's bleeding knee. the other knee is not that bruised so she just wiped the evident bloodstains on it.

"i'm jennie", lisa rotated, her back is in front of jennie. "how old are you?", jennie asked.

"hop on my back, jennie. i'm seven years old, but i'm strong enough to lift you", jennie hesitated at first, but she soon hopped because her knees are aching and she can't stand anymore.

it might look like impossible but little lisa managed to lift little jennie up. she looked back at her for a second and then started to walk slowly.

as they met the loud chattering and the sound of the wind rustling through the leaves of the trees, they are back at the park. when two pairs of parents have seen them, the adults made their ways to them.

"oh my god! lisa i've been looking for you", jennie is still on her back when her mom approached her.

"momma!!", jennie cried when she saw her mother. running around the park and ending up with a scraped knee is a dumb idea.

her mother lift her up off lisa and hugged her tight. "i'm so sorry, baby. oh god, i thought i lost you", she heard her mutter.

"lisa saved me! and she carried me", jennie smiled, her small eyes are disappearing. her mother looked at lisa and smiled at her. "thank you very much, little kid for helping jennie", lisa smiled back at her mother.

this made a bond between the two little kids. because of this incident, they became best of friends. always having each other backs, playing with each other up until the sun sets on dusk and playing again when the sun rises at dawn. they shared a childhood.

and they started growing. seven more years had passed and the little lisa that once carried the little jennie realized something.

it was on her fourteenth birthday, and everyone is gathering on their backyard. her friends on school and in the neighbourhood specially jennie, her bestfriend are there. some of her friends gave her gifts but it is jennie's that she's the most excited to open. she smiled as her hand met a box and when she opened it, she saw a handkerchief. her name is embroidered on the corner of it, and as if a light flashed through her eyes, she knew it. that day, she knew, that she is in fact, head-over-heels in-love with her bestfriend.