Chapter 6

After a while, I wipe my eyes and take a deep breath. I can do this. In a few weeks, I'll be out of this wheelchair and nobody can stop me. I WILL walk again. I know I will.

"Hey." I hear a voice behind me and turn around to see Jackson stood there.
"Hi." I say as he smiles at me.
"How're you doing?" He asks as I shrug.
"I'm okay, I guess. How's the house?" I ask as he smiles.
"It's good." He sits down on one of the chairs before playing with his hands, "I'm sorry about the job." He says as I shrug.
"It doesn't really matter now, Jax." I say as he sighs.
"But it does matter, Eva. It matters to you and it matters a lot. Also, I was really looking forward to working with you." He says as I shrug again, "It's unfair and it's against the discrimination in the workplace act. You know this. You didn't study and work hard in college just to be discriminated by the employer." Jackson says as I shrug once more.
"I know. It's fine, Jackson. I'll just get a job at like the corner shop or something. It's gonna be fine." I say as he nods, "Have you spoken to Ethan recently?" I ask, hoping to change the subject.
"Uh, yeah. About that... He's moving into the house with me so I'm not alone. We decided against long distance and we're gonna try an actual relationship." He says as I smile lightly.
"That's uhm... That's great, Jax." I say as he smiles.
"Thanks. Where's Nathan?" He asks as I smile.
"He's at work. Uhm..." I trail off as we both sit in silence, awkwardly, "I think you should go and get the house ready for Ethan. I hope everything goes well." I say as I look down at my hands.

Jackson nods and kisses the top of my head before he leaves. I sigh and hold back my tears. Now my best friend has replaced me with his boyfriend. Great.

~~~

Later that day, I was sat watching something on TV as I heard a knock on the door. Nathan was back home and he went to open the door, leaving me to carry on watching whatever it was that I was watching. I heard a girls' voice and Nathan laughing before they walked in.

"Evadine, this is my girlfriend, Paige. Paige, this is Evadine, the girl I told you about." Nathan says as Paige smiles and hugs me.
"Hi. It's good to meet you. Nathan told me what had happened. I'm sorry about that." She says as I smile.
"Thanks." I say.

Paige was gorgeous. She had long brown hair down to her ribs and a heart shaped face. She wore light foundation, a little bit of eyebrow filler, mascara and lip gloss. Other than that, she was pretty much natural. She was slim with a light tan, like Nathan's, and long legs. She was a little bit shorter than Nathan, eve3n though she was wearing heels. They looked perfect together.

"How did you and Nathan meet?" I asked as she smiled.
"He was working on my car." She smiled at him, "I needed a new part fitted because it had blown the brakes." She says as I nod.

Even though she's a brunette, she was 'blonde' and not in  a good way.

I smile at Nathan as he rolls his eyes.

"Paige, I already told you. Nothing blew your breaks out. You're car had broken down. I had to fix the engine and then I found a problem with the breaks and had to fix them too." He says as she shrugs.
"Same thing." She says as Nathan goes to make the drinks, leaving Paige to sit on the sofa, next to me in my wheelchair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short part. Sorry it took a while. I was writing it down before typing it up. Thought it'd be easier but nope. It wasn't

Anyway

Vote
Comment
Follow me

Enjoy Juicers!

Love y'all!

Cee x