Chapter 21

Once Nathan I arrived home after Jackson's wedding, we decided to open a bottle of champagne to ourselves and have a little indoor picnic with some movies.

I smiled at Nathan as I watched him busy in the kitchen, sorting out the food for our indoor picnic. I couldn't help but admire the way he moved. He was mine and I wouldn't have us any other way.

Once he'd done in the kitchen, he placed all the food down before picking me up from my wheelchair and placing me down in the blanket he'd laid down for us.

"So, Eva..." Nathan trails off as I smile at him, "What do you wanna watch first?" He asks as I smile.
"I don't wanna watch anything, right now. I just wanna eat and talk to you." I say as he leans in and kisses me softly, but passionately.
"Eva..." Nathan trails off as I open my eyes and look into his eyes.
"Yeah?" I whisper as he presses his lips onto mine again.
"I... I think I..." Nathan trails off as I wait for him to finish what he's saying, "I think I love you." He says as I pull away from him.
"You 'think' you love me?" I question as his face drops with realisation.
"Wait... Eva... no..." He trails off.
"Nathan if you 'think' you love me then why ask me to marry you?" I ask as he pulls me towards him.
"Eva, I didn't mean it like that. It's just, we've never said it to each other before and it's been a little over a year since we got together and I know I love you. It didn't mean to come out like that." He says as I look away from him and shit my eyes, "Eva, please believe me. I love you. I love you so much." Nathan says as I look at him.
"Prove it." I say as Nathan lifts me up and kisses me, holding me close.
"Fine. I'll prove it." Nathan picks me up bridal style and carries me into the bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

~~

The next morning, I wake up beside Nathan and turn my head to see him still sleeping peacefully. I then turn my head again to see if I can get in my chair before remembering the events of the night before. I then realise that we left my chair in the living room and mentally facepalm.

"Nath... Nathan." I shake him as he slowly wakes up.
"Eva? What's wrong?" He asks sitting up and kissing me as I kiss him back.
"My chair is still in the living room." I say as he shrugs.
"So?" He asks as I roll my eyes.
"I can't walk, remember?" I say as his eyes open wide with realisation.
"Oh god. Sorry, Eva." He says before going to get my chair.

He walks back in, pushing it towards the side of the bed as I watch him in awe. I only just realise he was only wearing a pair of joggers. I couldn't take my eyes off him.

"Like what you see?" He asks smiling before winking at me as my mouth stays open and I nod.

I put my arms up as Nathan picks me up and places me down in my chair. Nathan airs back down on the bed as I pull out my clothes for the day.

"Hey, Eva." Nathan says as I look at him and nod, "I've got to go in to work today. Will you be okay here on your own?" Nathan asks as I nod.
"Yeah, I'll be fine." I say as Nathan gets dressed before kissing the top of my head.
"See you later." He says as I smile.
"Bye."

Looks like it's just me, my chair and the whole box set of Friends.