Chapter 8

While Nathan was out, I managed to pull myself out of bed and into the wheelchair before making my way to the front room. Once I got there, I heard the door slam, making me jump before Nathan walks through and sits down with his head in his hands.
"Nathan? What happened?" I ask as he shakes his head.
"I fucked up, Eva." He says as I look at him, confusion all over my face.
"What do you mean?" I ask as he sighs and looks at me.
"I went to hers and tried to explain that I didn't love her anymore. The words didn't actually come out of my mouth and now we're engaged." He says as my mouth drops open.
"Wait... What? You're engaged?" I ask as Nathan nods.
"Unfortunately. We've only been together for a year. I'm not ready to get married yet." Nathan says as I push myself up to him and take his hands in my hands.
"Nathan, you've got to tell her how you feel. You need to tell her loud and clear." I say as Nathan hugs me.
"You're right, Eva but, Paige..." Nathan trails off, "She'd never understand." He adds on as I hug him back, before letting go.
"Make her understand." I say as Nathan smiles at me.

At dinner time, Paige was round and Nathan was talking to her in the garden.  couldn't hear what was being said but Nathan was emotionless and Paige was crying. I didn't want to listen or interfere but, I couldn't help feeling sorry for Paige.

She was such a beautiful girl and she was so kind. She deserved to know the truth about Nathan not loving her anymore and Nathan had to be honest. He didn't want to hurt her and I know he wanted to stay friends with her so things wouldn't be awkward except, things were already awkward.

Nathan walks inside and leaves Paige outside to have some time to herself.

"I just broke it off with her." Nathan says.
"Yeah, I can see that, Nathan. She's really upset." I say as he nods.
"I know. She loves me but, I can't just be in a relationship with her and pretend that everything is fine when it's not." He says as Paige walks inside.
"I need to get going. Uhm, it was lovely to meet you, Evadine. I hope we meet again." She smiling and giving me a hug before looking at Nathan, "Bye." She adds on as Nathan puts his hand up to her.
"You could've at least said bye." I say once Paige had left as Nathan sighs.
"We're still friends, I just don't feel like I should've said anything else, Eva. I'd already said enough." He says as I nod and go into the kitchen to get myself some dinner.

I grab myself a sandwich and some grapes before going back into the living room with them and watching TV with Nathan.

"What do you want for tea later, Nathan?" I ask as he shrugs.
"I might just order a pizza. You okay with that?" He asks as I nod.
"Yeah, that's good." I say as he smiles and nods.
"Great. Toppings?" He ask as I smile.
"Hawaiian. Ham and Pineapple." I say as Nathan laughs.
"Okay so that's one Hawaiian and one cheese then?" He says as I nod.

We'll probably watch some movies too which means tonight will be fun.