Chapter 34

~4  & 1/2 month later~

I was sat with Nathan watching TV while small chatting about baby names. We had already decided on a name for each gender since we decided not to know he baby's gender. For a girl we have the name Skylar and for a boy we have the name Luke.

"Is everything alright?" Nathan asks as I nod.
"Yeah. We got about 1 month and half before the baby is..." I trail off as I feel a slight pain in my stomach.
"Is born?" Nathan finishes my sentence as I shake my head.
"Nath..." I trail off and wince before looking at him.
"Eva, are you okay?" Nathan says as I shake my head.
"I think I'm in labour." I say as Nathan starts to panic.
"But... but you can't be... it's way too early." Nathan says as I look at him.
"You think I don't know that?!" I exclaim.
"What... umm... what do I do?" He asks me stupidly.
"Take me to the goddamn hospital, Nathan!" I exclaim as he grabs the baby bag, my wheelchair and puts them in the car before picking me up and carrying me to the car.

Once we get to the hospital, Nathan parks the car before putting me in my wheelchair. I take the baby bag off him and hold it while he pushes me into the hospital.

"Umm... hi. My wife is in labour and it's 1 month and a half early." The nurse looks up before rushing us into a private room as my contractions starts to get increasingly worse.

XX

I'm laid in a brand new hospital bed waiting for the doctors and nurses to tell me that my baby is okay.

A doctor walks into the room and smiles sympathetically at us.

"Guys, he's stable... For now. The best thing we can do is keep him in ICU until he's strong enough to go home with you. Unfortunately, he is very premature and there will be complications on his way to success and he will need to have a lot of love and care to survive." The doctor says as I look at Nathan.
"What... what's the percentage of premature babies that do survive?" I ask quietly.
"95% of babies born at 32 weeks survive, however the other 5% don't." The doctor says.
"So there is a high chance that our baby could survive?" Nathan asks as the doctor nods.
"Yes but, it depends on his medical conditions, if he has any, from being born prematurely. I'm so sorry." The doctor says before leaving the room.

Nathan and I sit in silence for a while until a nurse enters the room.

"Did you want to go and see your baby?" She asks as I nod and Nathan comes with me.

Once we get to the nursery, we look inside the incubator to see our baby.

"He's a fighter." The nurse says as she hands us a form, "This is just a form to confirm your baby's name and date of birth." The nurse says as I nod and fill it out.

Name: Luke Sykes
D.O.B: 17/03/2020

(Au: lets just pretend Nathan is younger than almost 27)

Name of Mother: Evadine Sykes
Signature of Mother: E.Sykes
Name of Father: Nathan Sykes
Signature of Father: N.Sykes

We hand the form to the nurse before looking at our son.

"He's so beautiful." I say as Nathan kisses me softly.
"He is." Nathan says as I smile at our baby.
"We just gotta pray and hope that he survives." I say as Nathan nods.
"Mr and Mrs. Sykes. We're going to move your son into your hospital room so you can watch over him while your stitches heal." The nurse says as we nod and follow her and our son back into the hospital room.

They place the incubator next to the bed as Nathan picks me up and places me back down on the bed.

"Nath, when my stitches heal, are you still gonna love me?" I ask, now looking at Nathan.
"Eva, of course I will. I will never stop loving you." Nathan says as I look away from him.
"Even though I'm gonna have this huge scar from Luke's C-Section?" I ask as Nathan takes my hands and kisses them softly.
"Nothing is ever gonna stop me from loving you, Eva. When I said my vows, I meant them. Nothing is ever gonna change that." Nathan says as I smile and kiss him.
"I love you." I say as he smiles and kisses me again.
"I love you too." He replies, "And I love our little Luke." Nathan adds on as I giggle.
"Our little miracle."