Chapter 27

"Wanna go see Soya?" I hear Nathan ask as I look at him.
"Sure. Just let me get changed." I say as he nods and leaves the room, letting me change.

Once I was ready, Nathan helped me into the car before starting the drive to the farm. Once we got there, Nathan helped me or the car before pushing me to sign in.

We signed in and I went to bond with Soya. He was gorgeous and I loved him in every way.

"Hey." I hear Nathan says as I smile at him.
"Hey." I reply as I continue to stroke Soya.
"You really love him, don't you?" Nathan asks as I nod.
"I really do. I wish I could take him home." I say as I hear Nathan sigh.
"Eva. If we had the money, I'd buy a farm so you could take him home." Nathan says as I look at hi  and smile.
"Hey, don't worry about it. He's safer here and he's happy here. I'm happy that he's happy." I say before we decide to go home.

XX

Once we get home, I follow Nathan into the living room and sit beside him on the sofa.

"We have a doctors appointment tomorrow." Nathan says as I nod.
"To see if I can get pregnant?" I ask as Nathan nods.
"Yeah." He replies as I nod.
"Okay." The conversation ends there as Nathan flicks through the TV channels.

I pull myself around to lay my head on his lap as his unoccupied hand strokes my hair. He glances down at me as I look at him and smile.

He eventually puts the remote down after switching off the TV and looks down at me. I look up at him and smile as he smiles back at me.

Nathan leans down and kisses me as I kiss him back.

"What do you wanna do?" Nathan asks as I shrug.
"Sleep?" I suggest as Nathan laughs.
"Okay." He says before picking me up bridal style and taking me into the bedroom.

Nathan places me down on the bed before giving me one of his shirts and some joggers before he strips to his boxers and climbs in bed.

I change into Nathan's clothes before letting him help me lay down. Nathan wraps his arm spring my waist as I rest my head on his chest and use my hand to play with the short hairs.

"You know, whatever the doctor says tomorrow... I won't love you any less." Nathan says as I smile.
"I know. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though." I say as Nathan kisses to top of my head.
"Sleep well, Eva." Nathan says as I smile and slowly fall asleep.